R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions Empty
PostSubject: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptySun 11 Sep 2011 - 17:55

Was just wondering if the vinyl for these two should be neutralized before doing the first skin tone, or does this depend on what type of vinyl kit you begin with? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptySun 11 Sep 2011 - 19:32

There is very little vinyl out there that you can get away without neutralizing before beginning(doesn't matter the eBook, really) so I feel neutralizing is a very important step. The only vinyl I've worked with so far that really doesn't need neutralizing is Real Effect kits and Oliver kit by Sandra Maxwell.

Some eBooks utilize the color of the vinyl to compliment the color that will be achieved but I always look at my vinyl and consult my color wheel. If I see too much orange in the vinyl, I do a wash or two of periwinkle. If the vinyl is rather pink, I use the mint wash, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptySun 11 Sep 2011 - 19:52

Especially if you are going for a darker skin tone, I don;t think real effect needs to be neutralized at all. You can start right on wit the flesh tone. If you want a fair skin, them maybe a real light mint or just a few layers of flesh 08. There is blue in their vinyl color already.
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptySun 11 Sep 2011 - 20:00

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
sandy888
Toddler
Toddler
sandy888

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 19:33

This is so interesting to read because I've heard negative things about the RE vinyl and haven't started a kit I have because of this negative feedback. It seems to be a darker vinyl ( compared to Teddy/Stoete) I'm afraid I won't be able to neutralize properly and have to strip. The kit is Suzanne by Olivia Stone. I would be thrilled to think I can just start in with flesh layers, any thoughts?????
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 19:44

You absolutely can begin without neutralizing Real Effect kits. They are already neutral. wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 22:12

Same with Dolls to Love they are very neutral, too. The Stoete kits are nice and light, but very peachy. But I love making RE into AA babies! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
sandy888
Toddler
Toddler
sandy888

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions EmptyMon 10 Oct 2011 - 23:48

I wish I was ready for an AA baby but I'm still not 100% with caucasian babies. I don't get to paint enough, I need a babysitterPeaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions 594282 Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions 74474
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions   Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Peaches & Cream & Asian E-book Questions
Page 1 of 1