R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Painting and other reborning supplies

Go down 
+27
babesinbloom
debora jenkins
Lynknursery
Tinabloomfield
Karen
Orange_Grove_Nursery
rebecca
laur812
pmorris
janisn
Denisewh
RoseBlossomAngels
trixyy2k
hazel_may(Janie)
Pauline
joa44
BrooklynsGram
DianneM
jlingo
sharynlynn
peggys
gerry
PamelaG
Lyndies*Lovies
Second Star
beaurose
Lara
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 22:09

Rachel, its pretty accurate but be aware that Lara does introduce other colors into certain classes that may not be listed here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 23:07

Okay, thanks Karen. I'm looking to start getting supplies and wanted to make sure I wasn't buying obsolete stuff. I don't have any problems adding to my "collection" if it is needed for a certain class.

Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2011 - 0:23

yup....Im gonna need to know what exact paint colors we are going to need for november class....I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING!!~ I have everything else....just want to make sure Im not having to order specific colors of paint LOL lol lol lol Once class starts
Back to top Go down
Lynknursery
Lynknursery

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Oct 2011 - 1:00

Tinabloomfield wrote:
yup....Im gonna need to know what exact paint colors we are going to need for november class....I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING!!~ I have everything else....just want to make sure Im not having to order specific colors of paint LOL lol lol lol Once class starts

As soon as Lara has the list available she will post it for us all to see.
Her common colours are flesh 07, 08,
diox purple 04
pthalo blue 04,
ultramarine blue
pthalo green 06
yellow ochre, sometimes raw sienna
pyrrole red 02, 05
quincrinadone crimson 01 (often called kinky crimson)
burnt umber

the following are not every time:
flesh 05 or 06
BB blush and BB lips/nails/creases
gen yellow, gen white, depending on the shading required but not always used.
Back to top Go down
http://lynkproducts.com.au
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: the class   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2011 - 0:00

I have a question is the sticky class still open? Can I get in? I need to learn everything I can. Where could I get a kit? I have paints palettes and all the necessary stuff except the mediums and can order tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
babesinbloom
Toddler
Toddler
babesinbloom

PostSubject: supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011 - 2:32

Hello Lara:)ok so when you say for supplies thick medium do you mean 3d medium...
I've never heard of linseed either...As I have only bought from secrist or on line...aren't secrist and bb the same paints?GHSP?
and what about the GHSP lip and nail?or do we need the one you mentioned....Any way to save with what we now own??
I never would have guessed there were sooooo manyyyyyy ways to go about this oho
I want to join in on the wagon of savings if possible 3 for price of 2....do any of the classes I purchased a week or so ago count towards this??Or can I apply what I spent to do the classes??Hope you can understand me eyeroll
thankyou for all the help EVERY ONE wave
I think I am getting the hang of this yeseree
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011 - 9:11

I'll try to answer as many as possible. No, Secrist and GHSP aren't exactly the same. Secrist adds thinner(probably thick medium) to the GHSP and puts their own name on it-not proven but that's my suspicion) Linseed oil is sold wherever fine art supplies are sold. Any classes purchased before December 27th do not and will not apply to this class sale. Same goes for any classes purchased after January 3rd. Oh and thick medium that Lara talks about is from GHSP so not sure if its 3d medium or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011 - 10:51

I've never bought any paints by Secrist, so I don't know. I mix up my own crease color and lip and nail, but I will teach you how to do that in the lessons.

Thick medium is not necessary. You can use matte varnish too. It is for adding depth to the painted brows.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2011 - 11:27

Secrist paints are premixed. I've been known to use it for lips. lol
Back to top Go down
babesinbloom
Toddler
Toddler
babesinbloom

PostSubject: "Thankyou all"   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:28

Thankyou Lara and Karen for putting up with the newbie MEEEEEEE once again....I feel like I went back to school with the on line learning it wipes me out.....
I have been trying to keep up there sure is ALOT of good information in REAL:) any how now it's getting clear as mud ....hahaha.....lol....no not really .....
But another question what size paints will last and last???out of the hunnybunny kits.....I think the ones for your real classes are the ticket....please advise....Thank's....OR is it the large individual?????OMGOODNESS....such tettering on this fence....
thankyou! coffee? Time
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 20:47

If hunnybuns has the just born palette of colors in one set, that's a great one to start with as Lara uses mostly those colors with nearly every reborn with a few exceptions. Okay, now, some colors you need a larger jar of, such as your flesh colors.
Back to top Go down
babesinbloom
Toddler
Toddler
babesinbloom

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 21:30

what else would you sujest in lg.size "for paints and mediums"I have many paints from many sorces....ikes....to many to figure...I was looking for all the ratios....that would be great...oh besides the ones on the past 8 pgs. bigsmile
do you ever leave the fourum(Karen) kiddo??wow guess it comes easy for you....
thks
MEEEEEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
babesinbloom
Toddler
Toddler
babesinbloom

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 21:31

P.S. Karen did you see I figured out the JPEG's...YAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weeeeee!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 21:37

Yes mary I think that's great! I use a lot of the genesis thinning medium and I know I need to get more matte varnish so those are good ones to have in a larger jar. Yellow ochre is a good one to have slightly larger, too. I need to get larger ultramarine blue because I seem to use it a lot. The colors you won't use much of are green, purple, red, etc.
Back to top Go down
babesinbloom
Toddler
Toddler
babesinbloom

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2012 - 22:10

whoohoo 😉again,again happyhappy
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: Not sure where to post this   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 4:55

I clicked on the usergroup tab to join the advanced preemie class. Where do I pay for the class, get the kit, take the class, all that good stuff. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.t2lnursery.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 5:22

Hi SuzzieG, here is the link to pay for the prem class http://realreborn.net/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=1 you will need to register on the site to do it.... as for the kit, you can choose either Mavie or Julie by Evelina Wosnjuk or one of the 7" Real Effect mini babies ... once you have paid for the class you will be able to read the posts related to the class and there will be a code that you can use at Dolls by Sandie to get $10 off Mavie or Julie. Lara will start posting lessons on the forum from the 1st of Feb.. Here's a couple of links for a few of the kits http://www.dollsbysandie.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9054 http://www.dollsbysandie.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=9032 You can use a different kit for the class, but then they are not able to be in the contest at the end of class and it may take a few different steps at the start of painting for neutralising etc bigsmile
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 6:15

Thank you Poppy...I appreciate all the help. I registered for the class but it said pending. I went into the store to pay for it like I was told but the store didn't recognize me. I will use the link you sent and try again. Where do I go to read the posts about the class and get the discount code? Sorry to be a bother...just joined here so not sure how it all works yet.
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 6:21

Thank you Poppy...I got in and am getting my class paid for. Can't thank you enough. I'm usually a fast learner but at 4 am my brain doesn't always like to work...lol
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 6:26

No problem at all - I thought it would be very late over there! Tomorrow (or later today for you), once Lara has accepted your registration, you will be able to view the posts. Once this happens, if you go to the home page of the forum and scroll down, you will see the section for the class bigsmile
Back to top Go down
photolady70
Toddler
Toddler
photolady70

PostSubject: sold out   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 7:07

They are sold out on the Julie kit. I think I'm gonna go with something cheaper until I get a little more experience. I don't wanna pay $100 for a kit and screw it up. lol Pretty sure I'm not good enough for contests yet anyways. I appreciate all the help though. Time to start my day and get busy so I can have the rest of the day to paint...unless the girls need help with their lessons today. Home schooling is very gratifying but also challenging at times. Hope to talk to you again soon Poppy. Thank you so much for all your help and keeping me company. I think I'm really gonna like it here.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 9:13

photolady70 wrote:
They are sold out on the Julie kit. I think I'm gonna go with something cheaper until I get a little more experience. I don't wanna pay $100 for a kit and screw it up. lol Pretty sure I'm not good enough for contests yet anyways. I appreciate all the help though. Time to start my day and get busy so I can have the rest of the day to paint...unless the girls need help with their lessons today. Home schooling is very gratifying but also challenging at times. Hope to talk to you again soon Poppy. Thank you so much for all your help and keeping me company. I think I'm really gonna like it here.

You can use any of the Real Effect mini babies for the contest. They are only $59, I think.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyWed 25 Jan 2012 - 18:38

photolady70 wrote:

No problem at all bigsmile The little mini Real Effect babies at Dolls by Sandie are only $49.90 each and come with body and eyes bigsmile http://www.dollsbysandie.com/index.php?l=search_list&s[search]=legler&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[cid]=0
Back to top Go down
LilyOfTheValley
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
LilyOfTheValley

PostSubject: Thanks to HunnyBuns   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 23:13

I have all the brushes and paints I need.  dancingbaby 
Back to top Go down
strawberryreborns

PostSubject: obtaining paints   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 8:53

I'm new, so forgive me if I'm off protocol.... I get most of my paints from BB, but for harder to find colors, I use Dolls by Sandi....they have tons of colors, and you can get the petite jars for only 4.99!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting and other reborning supplies   Painting and other reborning supplies - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting and other reborning supplies
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3