R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayer's for family

Go down 
+9
momiof4girlz
tonya575
threads
Lara
hazel_may(Janie)
babyblossom
Poppy
Karen
SharonR
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Prayer's for family Empty
PostSubject: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 13:40

I don't post here very often, but I always read and say prayers for those in need. For someone who words come easily for ... I do find this section often leaves me at a loss.

It's my turn to add my family to the list.

My father in law has struggled with cancer for the last about 10 years. It has claimed his bladder and both kidneys. He is now required to go for dialysis 3 days a week and because of his age is not a candidate for transplant.

For the last month he's had a mysterious infection that spikes a temp, leaves him feeling flu like and then mellows out to nothing. Well that's how it started. Now because it was so *mild* in the beginning, by the time they figured out what it is, it's very difficult to get rid of. It's an antibiotic resistant staph infection that's now throughout his blood stream. So he's in the hospital while they try to monitor his blood work, as well as his dialysis, while they attempt to get rid of the infection.

What makes this even more worrisome is that my mother in law suffers from dementia, with a pinch of Alzheimer's. She can't be left alone, but gets very frustrated and aggressive when she feels people are trying to prevent her from doing things she thinks she can do. Like drive.

Thank heavens for small favors and this week Howard (darling hubby) has been on vacation so he's been able to take care of all this, but it takes it's toll on him. He had a whole list of things planned for this week, but he's needed to take care of his mom so the list remains that ... just a list. Neither of us are sleeping much and we all know how stress can wreak havoc on drained people.

Added to the humans who need your prayers, is one of our furbies. It's always so hard to know if you're doing the right thing by the four legged family members and today we're faced with that for our Bailey. She's our 12 sheltie mix. She's the most timid of our furbies ... painfully shy and hates getting in the truck to go anywhere. The problem is she has really bad teeth. Really really bad teeth ... I mean teeth you can wiggle like a 5 yr old who's about to lose their first tooth. Our dilemma for months now has been which is worse ... leaving her teeth as they are ... or the intense trauma she'll endure going to the vet. Finally the vet won out and Howard just left to take her.

I think what makes this so hard is that we can't tell her, let alone convince her, that this is for her own good and she will survive it. My heart aches for what I know she's going through right now. It's one of those times I wish I could mean it when I swear I'll never own another animal because these choices are so hard! That's just the baby in me talking, though. I know I'll always have critters and I know I'll always be strong enough to do what's needed. I just wish like heck it didn't hurt so much.

Anyway, long story short ... my family needs your prayers as much as I needed to vent all this. I don't even remember now, how I stumbled on to this forum, but it just proves that God does work in mysterious ways, His wonders to behold.

Thank you in advance for the thoughts and prayers I know will be sent out into the universe. I'm not sure how often I'll be able to check this since like Lara and Sarah, I'm scrambling to get things done before the IRDA this weekend.

Things like grand daughter's graduation tomorrow night, laundry, packing, gassing up the truck, mailing off round robin, finishing IRDA baby shower project, cleaning my house for the huge family graduation bash that will be underway when I get home on Sunday ... etc etc etc. I almost wish I were flying instead of driving so I too could toss back a few drinks! Time for me to beat feet now though.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 14:15

Sharon, my prayers for your parents in law and also your precious furbaby. I know how stressful it all can be. Do try to have fun this weekend, though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 17:49

I will be praying for you and your family Sharon and your sweet Bailey too - it must be very hard at the moment with all of that going on in your life. I hope you can enjoy your weekend and manage to get everything done loveyou!
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 18:09

Sharon, wishing you and your family all the very best at such a difficult time.

Take care
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptySat 4 Jun 2011 - 1:33

Karen, Sarah, and Kym covered my sentiments exactly! Do try to have fun and leave all the stress behind for the weekend. You'll come back much better able to face everything head on. You do have your hands full. Your family and especially your FIL will be in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 2:25

Sharon,
I am so sorry for all this....I will keep your family in my prayers. I enjoyed talking with you this weekend!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 3:55

Karen, Sarah, Kym and Hazel have said it all
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
tonya575
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
tonya575

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 16:55

Prayers are coming your way!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.trapplestendertots.com/
momiof4girlz
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyMon 6 Jun 2011 - 9:42

Keeping everyone in my prayers. Sending you hugs, Barbi
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyMon 6 Jun 2011 - 20:52

Thank you everyone, I really need them today. Something new is going on with my father in law but I don't know what it is yet. My husband left work early to go pick up his mom and take her to the hospital because something had changed, and not for the better.

He just got home here with his mom but I think he's not wanting to talk in front of her so I still am not sure what the problem is. Please just keep the thoughts and prayers coming because we all need the strength.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyMon 6 Jun 2011 - 20:59

Sending prayers and positive energy, Sharon!
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyMon 6 Jun 2011 - 21:22

nothingtoadd Every one has said it all, my thought are with at this time
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyTue 7 Jun 2011 - 1:02

In true California style lately ... it never rains but it pours.

Father in law is having an echo cardiogram done tomorrow to try and determine if his staph infection has attached itself to a valve in his heart. If it has ... he'll be scheduled for open heart surgery. He's 85. He's so frail now.

crybaby

Today, after hearing that news, my husband brings his mom home and she has a really bad headache. Apparently it started at the hospital, the left side of her face was numb and drooping for about 10-15 min ... and her speech was slurred. Five hours later, having had 2 aspirin and then 2 tylenol the headache hasn't eased one bit. After a call to the advice nurse, my husband is rushing his mom back to the emergency room.

Here's the pouring part.

Sometime during the night, someone broke into our 5th wheel and stole the power cord (approx $100-250 to replace), and a bunch of other misc. things.

All day today, all I wanted to do was sleep or cry but I had my 4 yr old grand daughter here all day and had to pretend like nothing was wrong so she didn't get upset.

My heart hurts because it brings back losing my dad, and how old my mom is ... and how terribly frail Howard's parents are. I really do know and believe that death isn't the end ... sometimes I just wish it didn't hurt so much.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyTue 7 Jun 2011 - 9:12

Sharon, loveyou! loveyou! loveyou! Thought you could use a hug right about now.
Back to top Go down
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyTue 7 Jun 2011 - 10:56

My thought and prayers are with you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyTue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:48

Oh Sharon........I am so sorry you have to go thru all this all at once! Sounds like your MIL had a TIA or small stroke.....not surprised with her husband so ill.
I prya that your life is smoother from here on out and I pray for protection for you and yours and for the shield of the Almighty to be raised against all those elements causing this. This too shall pass....Lord protect them from all that is evil and chaotic and not of You.
Amen

hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyTue 7 Jun 2011 - 22:21

Sharon, Sounds like you could use some extra prayers and hugs. You're right about God putting us together for a reason. I will be praying for your family. Please keep us informed.
Terri

loveyou! loveyou! loveyou! loveyou! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyWed 8 Jun 2011 - 4:09

Father in law is headed home tomorrow. The echo cardiogram today showed no infection in his heart which is the good news ... the bad news is now they've really no clue where the infection is and it still seems to be resisting the massive amounts of antibiotics the dr's are throwing at it. So that part is still a waiting game.

My mother in law apparently suffered a TIA (transient ischemic attack) ... bit words for a mini stroke. Dr's are going to follow up later this week or the first of next week and see if there's any action they want to take ... or just be aware of the issue and adopt a wait and see attitude.

We've found a friend to help us move the trailers to the other side of the barn ... away from the road so the thieves will have to be a bit more ballsy if they want to come back and try for more equipment. I'm thinking of re-routing the pasture fencing ... which is electric fencing that is powerful enough to numb body parts ... to surround the trailers so that in the night time it can't be seen but damn well would be felt!

Now for me the worrisome thing is a phone call I got from my mom tonight. I really should have ignored when she told me I didn't need to go over there because now I'll probably be awake all night. It's always a bit humorous that we use the phone since her RV is parked about 3' from our back door ... but tonight she called and was really strange. She said she felt sort of like she was floating away and just wanted to hear my voice. I told her I was going to come right over and she told me I didn't need to, she was fine, she just felt like she wanted to hear my voice.

We talked for a few more minutes and she really did seem to be fine ... but now I wish I'd taken the time to go check myself and not just take her word for it.

What is it about this week that makes me want to be 5 yrs old again with the unshakeable knowledge and belief that my parents will be there forever?

Thank you all again for the bountiful love you share with me and everyone in need, it really does make a difference.
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyWed 8 Jun 2011 - 5:48

Oh Sharon, I wish I could be there to give you a big hug - I can feel the worry and sadness in your words sad I know how you feel about wishing to be a kid again - wasn't it the best time, not having all the worry and problems of the adult world. I will be praying hard for you and your whole family for things to get better for you all, you are in my thoughts, keep us updated loveyou!
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family EmptyWed 8 Jun 2011 - 9:27

Sharon... What a stage of life it is, when we feel it should be the easiest. I think a lot of us are in the same stage. My parents came over to see our new house on Sunday and neither of them could hardly make it up the stairs. When daddy came down, I thought his knees were going to buckle and him fall down them. My mother is in liver failure. Some days she's not herself and can hardly breathe because her hemoglobin is so low and she is in congestive heart failure. If I didn't know that we would be together again in heaven, I don't think I could bare it. Having a grandbaby coming helps. My daughter is 8 days overdue with our first.. We are here for you. PM or email me if you want to talk some more... Sometimes it helps to just get it out!
Terri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayer's for family   Prayer's for family Empty

Back to top Go down

Prayer's for family
Page 1 of 1