R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New from Georgia

Go down 
+8
Orange_Grove_Nursery
audrey
Karen
babyblossom
Poppy
threads
LittlePunkins
Taylorsgirl
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Taylorsgirl
Toddler
Toddler
Taylorsgirl

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyWed 1 Jun 2011 - 22:46

Hey everyone!
My name is Sara

I am orginally from Massachusetts but a year ago I moved to GA and I had to stop reborning, I just couldnt afford it.
Lately I started online school and I decided to use some of my loan money to get back into making reborns..I figure if I sell them then that will pay for me to continue to make them without it breaking the bank.

As it stands now I am debating several things..I really love BB's kits and I know I can get a few for the price of a single one on a more expensive site...But there is one in particular I have fallen in love with...the Kylin kit...I think thats how his name is spelled...
So, here's a question for you ladies...would you buy several of BB's kits to get back into reborning first..or..would you jump right in and spend a pretty big chunk on the Kylin kit?

Ugh...I just cant decide!

Anyway besides that, I am 31 years old and engaged to the love of my life, though we dont live together right now. I am also going to school online at the university of pheonix. I have a dog, a Lhasa Apso named Punky, who just had seven puppies. :) and a cat I rescued named Lafayette who is my best buddy.

I look forward to getting to know all of you fellow reborners!

Thanks

Sara
Back to top Go down
LittlePunkins
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
LittlePunkins

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyWed 1 Jun 2011 - 23:46

:real: :real: :real:

Hi Sara!
Welcome!
I don't know what to tell you....
I have several BB kits I haven't been able to sell.... grrrr

LOL... just listed one tonight... CHEAP. lol

Hope you enjoy it here! We almost neighbors, lol...
I moved to Alabama from Georgia! (16 years ago)

HUGS
Back to top Go down
http://littlepunkinsreborns.com/
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 2:34

Warm welcome to the forum,
I have a few BB kits, love the Meg kit, she
is definately my favourite, here in England
they sell fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 6:27

Hi Sara, welcome to the forum bigsmile that is a tough decision - I started out with the cheaper kits, but I think I enjoy reborning the more expensive kits better as they appeal more to me and seem more realistic in my opinion, but I think I would be able to sell the BB reborns easier here in New Zealand as I would be able to sell them cheaper. Perhaps you could start with the cheaper BB kits or even some other kits that are on sale such as from dolldreams and then when they sell, use some of that money to buy a kit that you really love bigsmile
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 6:36

Welcome Sara,

You will love it here. Everyone is lovely and very helpful! I am a newbie too and live in Australia.

Regarding the BB kits, I don't think they are selling well in Australia at the moment but they are a great price so if you want to get more experience and practice they are the way to go.

Take care
Kym
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 9:49

:real: Sara. Your name seems very familiar to me. As for which kits to use, you could try the BB kits and then try to sell them back to BB in the form of the Naked Babies. At least then you could continue to buy kits and stuff to keep going with. wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
audrey
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
audrey

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyThu 2 Jun 2011 - 10:57

:real:

Hi Sara, Karen has given you a wonderful suggestion to bankroll your restart! I actually do several of the BB kits with great success. I have a total of three special orders for the new larger BB babies, two for Cookie, one of which is completed and home with her new mommy, and one for Tibby! And they were inexpensive kits that I have been able to sell for some substantial money. And their tiny newborns Kaylin and Kadence for example are adorable, and again inexpensive. I am going to finish up my Kadence kit and list him on EBAY with a starting bid of $139, which is not at all bad for a $29.95 KIT!! I also agree with the idea of going to Doll Dreams. You can get a quality kit like an Adrie Stoete for around $50-60 and they sell for more when completed. I would also browse the kit clearance section of all the major dealers. I have picked up some beautiful babies for very little money that way.

All that being said, welcome to REAL! We are also "almost neighbors" as I am from North Carolina, and my brother lives in Georgia and so does my mom. We are all originally from Pennsylvania!

You will learn so much on this forum and make wonderful new friends. I have met ladies here that I am sure will be friends for my lifetime! And Lara's classes are the best!

Baby hugs
Audrey the windbag!! (Sorry this got so lengthy)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedollmaker2nursery.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyFri 3 Jun 2011 - 10:21

welcome :real: welcome I'm pretty new here too. But, unlike you, I'm new to reborning too. You'll love it here, I already consider it home. loveyou!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyFri 3 Jun 2011 - 13:39

:real: Hi Sara, Glad you are coming back to reborning. I see you just got some great advice on the BB kits. I have never sold but have some lucky nieces and grandnieces who get reborns from me. As someone who used to buy dolls and reborns off ebay, it would not matter to me the original cost of the kit but I would chose a reborn for the artistry and cuteness. I find the BB kits reborn really well (except for those earlier really pink vinyl kits) and if you present them well in your auctions, there should not be a problem. It was really a great idea to try the BB forum naked baby posts too. I know you will enjoy RealReborn! welcome bigsmile happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
pmorris
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
pmorris

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptySat 4 Jun 2011 - 20:22

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the forum Lots of wonderful ladies here who will give you wonderful advice. welcome
Back to top Go down
http://www.storkslandingrebornnursery.com
Samrat al-Hayat Galerie
Toddler
Toddler
Samrat al-Hayat Galerie

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptySun 5 Jun 2011 - 19:52

Welcome to REAL Forum you will Love it here... I wish I can help you decide but I will soon get my first doll kit
Back to top Go down
http://myworld.ebay.com/fruit.of.thy.womb.gallery
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyWed 8 Jun 2011 - 3:24

Hi Sara,
Welcome, we are glad you found your way back to reborning and have joined us here. Not one to give you opinion on what kits to do as I have not sold any babies yet. I am in Tennessee so not too far from you.

Hugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlehatchlingnursery.com

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011 - 22:17

welcome welcome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New from Georgia Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Georgia   New from Georgia Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Georgia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: