R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this too much Mottle?

Go down 
+3
Lara
Mary Anne
Joanne White
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

Is this too much Mottle? Empty
PostSubject: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 5:04

I am trying to do a more mottled looking baby but I am not sure if she is a bit too much. What do you all think please? I know its very early stages but its best to sort it early if I am making a mess of her lol :) I have taken pictures with and without flash
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle10
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle11
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle12
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle13
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle14
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle15
Is this too much Mottle? Mottle16
Back to top Go down
Mary Anne
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 11:34

It looks good to me, I'm thinking that after doing a blending layer down the line it will look more subtle.  I'll be curious to see what others say - I've just started working on my first Caucasian kit and will be working on the mottling next.

I have this kit too and can't wait to see how she looks when she's finished!
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 11:38

Thank you thankyou! I have done this kit once before I love working with Evelina's sculpts.
These are 3 of her sculpts I have done before
Is this too much Mottle? Evelin10
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 11:41

Here she is in a different outfit

Is this too much Mottle? Copy_210
Is this too much Mottle? Copy_211
Is this too much Mottle? Copy_212
Back to top Go down
Mary Anne
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 15:43

Nice job on all of them! I especially like the skin tones on Estelle.
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 15:51

Thank you I am just about to put this ones eyes in wish me luck xx
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 15:54

I always like to go over with a green mottle if I feel it's too much.

She look s good though! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 16:48

Thank you I will keep updating for some more suggestions if that's ok x
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 2:02

I always mottle a bit heavy so I think she looks great!
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyWed 7 Mar 2018 - 4:30

Thank you I was just trying to get a bit more skin detail on this one. She is growing on me :) Could I ask do you all think these eyes look ok or a bit weird? I dont know if they look a bit big lol
Is this too much Mottle? Estell10
Is this too much Mottle? Estell11
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 11:33

Your mottle is looking good ,if anytime you think you have to much red you can tone it down a bit with a teal color or some type of green mottle. I think the big blue eyes are cute on Estelle. You could try different sizes and colors and see which ones you prefer. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyThu 8 Mar 2018 - 12:04

Thank you I will keep cracking on with her and posting pics. Thank you for your lovely comments
Back to top Go down
Terri_in_AL

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 7:03

I have done this kit 3 times. Did you insert them from the front? I usually insert mine from inside the head. I used a more newborn shade of blue in mine, but that is just preference. Mine did not appear that large so I may have used a size smaller. I usually have several sizes on hand and try them out, take photos of them in and compare photos.
bigsmile bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 7:54

Hi Terri
I absolutely love this sculpt would love to see pics of the ones you have done
I inserted them from behind the eye there was no way they were going in the front they are 22mm glasss as recommended.
Here are a few pics of her now I am now really liking how she is turning out, what do you think?
Is this too much Mottle? Estell12
Is this too much Mottle? Estell13
Is this too much Mottle? Estell14
Is this too much Mottle? Estell15
Is this too much Mottle? Estell16
Is this too much Mottle? Estell17
Back to top Go down
AJDenn

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyFri 16 Mar 2018 - 18:09

Hi all, I'm new to this board and enjoying reading everyone's posts.
Just MHO, (Joanne White) I think the mottling will work out if you add more layers over it... some babies are just more heavily mottled, in real life.
The thing about the eyes, if you look at where the light reflects in them, it should ideally be in the same point on each eye. So, that being said, looks like maybe they are not quite pointing the exact same direction.
Such a cute baby and very nice work.
My 2 cents
Back to top Go down
Terri_in_AL

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptySat 17 Mar 2018 - 8:31

This first one was a custom Estelle. The customer wanted her very mottled. Used recommended eye size. I use only German round handblown glass eyes in my open eyed babies.
Is this too much Mottle? Ce10

The second one was just one I did to sell on ebay and she did very well. She is my favorite of the three.
Is this too much Mottle? Img_5911

This last one I did about 7 years ago. I wanted the eyes to be larger so I cut the vinyl slightly on the rims to enlarge the eyes.
Is this too much Mottle? 108_5210

I don't know why your eyes look so big as this sculpt, and most of the Wosnjuk sculpt's open eyed sculpts have narrow, almond shaped eyes. IDK Everyone has different techniques. That is why each reborn is truly a one of a kind. As you can tell, even mine are not duplicates of each other, even in skin tone.
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 4:57

Thank you both for your advice I will try to square her eyes up a bit lol :)
You Estelles are gorgeous I dont think I have ever seen one I didnt like and you are absolutely right they never look the same with this sculpt xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this too much Mottle?   Is this too much Mottle? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this too much Mottle?
Page 1 of 1