This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share
 

  Paint fading on soft vinyl

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bearysweethearts
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 3180
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Ferrum Virginia

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 18:08

Has anyone ever had problems with your paint fading out a bit, especially on the very soft vinyl ? It seems to be fine after baking then the next day it is a lot lighter. I think I have redone every layer so far. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times with some of the soft vinyl kits.


 Paint fading on soft vinyl Classinstructor_zpsda4ff954
 Paint fading on soft vinyl Logos10
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Posts : 3624
Join date : 2012-07-26
Age : 70
Location : NH

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 21:03

that happened to me once and I had to do the layers over again until it stayed the color I wanted it to!!!  crybaby notfair







Hugs,

Jenny

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Hattie10



"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 38
Location : TN

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 11:33

It sounds like the paint is soaking into the vinyl and you need to add a layer of sealer to stop this from continuing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
bearysweethearts
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 3180
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Ferrum Virginia

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 12:14

April wrote:
It sounds like the paint is soaking into the vinyl and you need to add a layer of sealer to stop this from continuing.
That's what I thought too so I did a layer of matte . It still did It again. It's almost like the matte didn't take well either. So I'm going to add another layer of matte and mix up my paint just a little heavier.


 Paint fading on soft vinyl Classinstructor_zpsda4ff954
 Paint fading on soft vinyl Logos10
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

Posts : 1792
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 38
Location : TN

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 13:52

bearysweethearts wrote:
April wrote:
It sounds like the paint is soaking into the vinyl and you need to add a layer of sealer to stop this from continuing.
That's what I thought too so I did a layer of matte . It still did It again. It's almost like the matte didn't take well either.  So I'm going to add another layer of matte and mix up my paint just a little heavier.

Exactly what I was gonna suggest bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

Posts : 743
Join date : 2013-09-21
Location : South Carolina

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySun 2 Apr 2017 - 16:08



The SOFT VINYL is difficult to paint with GHSP...thinner, baking etc. I have had probs with blues and purples looking darker after a few days...Baking , well I think it needs less time or risk melting.

I am not sure about air dry, but I think it would lend itself better to that medium.

I will not be working on the "Softees" in the future. They are also difficult to ROOT!!! Lol

Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 3180
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Ferrum Virginia

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 0:36

Bornannew wrote:


The SOFT VINYL is difficult to paint with GHSP...thinner, baking etc.  I have had probs with blues and purples looking darker after a few days...Baking , well I think it needs less time or risk melting.

I am not sure about air dry, but I think it would lend itself better to that medium.

I will not be working on the "Softees" in the future.  They are also difficult to ROOT!!!  Lol

I agree about rooting on some of the soft kits .I use the ultra thin needles, the vinyl is sometimes so soft  when rooting on the sides especially around the temple area the head caves in and those ultra thin needles just snap. If it continues to cave in during rooting you can pack the inside of the head with your poly fill.


 Paint fading on soft vinyl Classinstructor_zpsda4ff954
 Paint fading on soft vinyl Logos10


Last edited by bearysweethearts on Mon 3 Apr 2017 - 12:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker


Posts : 3316
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 75
Location : England

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 4:50

had the same problem last week, but like some just repainted the mottling, odd how some do that. I have a reborn I bought a few years ago, and her colouring has almost disappeared altogether, she is in desperate need of a make over, when I can get round to doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
bearysweethearts
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 3180
Join date : 2010-04-13
Location : Ferrum Virginia

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 12:56

threads wrote:
had the same problem last week, but like some just repainted the mottling, odd how some do that.  I have a reborn I bought a few years ago, and her colouring has almost disappeared altogether, she is in desperate need of a make over, when I can get round to doing it.
I'm doing a lot of my layers over and over on this kit that I'm working on too.

I just LOVE the pink outfit on your baby Maxina. It is Beautiful!!! whoohoo


 Paint fading on soft vinyl Classinstructor_zpsda4ff954
 Paint fading on soft vinyl Logos10
Back to top Go down
Lynn C
New Member
New Member


Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-31
Age : 71

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 15:10

I have had this happen so many times and it is super frustrating to say the least. I am reading that some are having trouble with rooting on a soft head, what I do is stuff the head with poly pellets, put a washrag in the neck to keep the pellets in and root away!! This will keep your head from collapsing and it makes rooting so much easier. Using the polypellets works so good because there is nothing for the needle to root into like if you just stuffed you head with a rag or fiberfill. The needle just goes in between the pellets so it won't drag the hair out when you empty them out. Try it, it's great!! Just thought I'd offer that tip, maybe some of you have used it before.

Fading paint STINKS!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Posts : 3624
Join date : 2012-07-26
Age : 70
Location : NH

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyWed 5 Apr 2017 - 16:19

Ohhh great idea Lynn, I am going to try that! Thanks for sharing!! thankyou!







Hugs,

Jenny

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Hattie10



"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P
Back to top Go down
Lynn C
New Member
New Member


Posts : 8
Join date : 2015-01-31
Age : 71

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 0:04

You're very welcome Jenny, it works really good you will love it!! I haven't been on here in absolutely forever. It was nice to read some of the posts today. Good Luck with the rooting!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker


Posts : 3316
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 75
Location : England

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 2:55

thank for the tip ab out rooting, much appreciated.

Thank you for the compliment on my outfit, its my latest design, have a couple of orders to do one in white with pink trim and one in pink with white trim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Posts : 3624
Join date : 2012-07-26
Age : 70
Location : NH

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 11:17

Lynn C wrote:
You're very welcome Jenny, it works really good you will love it!!  I haven't been on here in absolutely forever.  It was nice to read some of the posts today.  Good Luck with the rooting!

Well I am so glad you came back and posted!! Your info is veryyyyyyyyyy helpful to us all!!!

thankyou!thankyou!thankyou!thankyou!thankyou!







Hugs,

Jenny

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Hattie10



"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" (words of wisdom from my Dad) :P
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2013-02-25
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 21:30

bearysweethearts wrote:
Has anyone ever had problems with your paint fading out a bit, especially on the very soft vinyl ?  It seems to be fine after baking then the next day it is a lot lighter.  I think I have redone every layer so far. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times with some of the soft vinyl kits.

This has happened to me mostly with the newer BB kits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




 Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paint fading on soft vinyl    Paint fading on soft vinyl Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Paint fading on soft vinyl
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Reborn Forums :: Cozy Lounge-
Jump to: