R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Needles & Rooting

Go down 
+2
Jenny In NH
Joanne White
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 6:06

Hi :) I have just started reborning again after 5 year break. I have completely forgotten which needles I used to use. I think they were 3 barb but apart from that I dont know. Which needles do you all recommend and which tools do you use to hold them please?
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 12:19

Joanne White wrote:
Hi :) I have just started reborning again after 5 year break.  I have completely forgotten which needles I used to use.  I think they were 3 barb but apart from that I dont know.  Which needles do you all recommend and which tools do you use to hold them please?
Thank you

Im sure there are a variety that people love best!  I use  43g needles! Im sure the other ladies will let you know what they love best soon! :)

I use a couple of different rooting tools that I like!  (some people just use the needle with rubber bands, some use mushroom tool). I prefer
the ones that take the WHOLE needle, I cant be bothered with cutting them!! :)  

Needles & Rooting Rootin11

Needles & Rooting Rootin10

Needles & Rooting Mushro10

Needles & Rooting Rootin12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103618743/wooden-needle-felting-handle-tool-for?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=reborn%20rooting%20tool&ref=sr_gallery_14
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 2:17

I use a 43g single barb needle. My favorite 43g is from Secrist.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 14:35

pia46 wrote:

which tool do you like the best? thankyou!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptySat 18 Feb 2017 - 18:56

Jenny In NH wrote:
pia46 wrote:

which tool do you like the best?   thankyou!

No tool! I have started molding my own on each needle with "IC3D" TechTack Moldable Plastic
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 14:30

I use the clover pink pen rooting tool and use a combination of 43 gauge and 42 ultra thin needles mostly 1 barb sometimes 3 barb if I need thicker hair as in fairies , monkeys, dogs or other animals. I love the 42 ultra thins they leave a very tiny hole but they will snap into when shifting your angles if not careful.
Back to top Go down
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler
Tiffeny

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 5:18

I use the mushroom pin vise most of the time. However, when my needles are having an attitude and don't want to go into the vise properly then I will take 2 of my pouncers and slide the needle into them going from top to bottom then I pull the top of the first pouncer over the top of my needle so that it's more comfortable to work with. I will generally use 43 gauge single barb needles but I also like the German forked needles. It takes some getting used to using them though.
Back to top Go down
Joanne White
Crawler
Crawler

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 8:01

Thank you this has given me some brilliant suggestions :)
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting EmptyWed 22 Feb 2017 - 4:58

love the pink pen myself
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Sponsored content

Needles & Rooting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Needles & Rooting   Needles & Rooting Empty

Back to top Go down

Needles & Rooting
Page 1 of 1