R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Straightening reborn hair?

Go down 
+2
SharonR
Winx
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Winx

Straightening reborn hair? Empty
PostSubject: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 20:44

Is it possible to straighten a reborn's hair at all? The hair is mohair and glued in place but I was wondering if it can be straightened to neaten it up a bit. I know on dolls such as Barbies that their hair has to be wet to use straighteners on it but is mohair the same as its a natural product? Will it melt or ruin if I use straighteners on the lowest setting or wet the hair first?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:42

I would hesitate to use any chemical products on your baby. Try using Johnson and Johnson's No More Tangles with a soft brush to see if that will make it lay flat and dry that way. You might also try a flat iron on the very lowest setting it has very carefully.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Winx

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 8:01

Is a flat iron the same as what we call hair straighteners here in England? Or do you mean an actual iron held in place for a few seconds on its lowest setting?
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 11:29

Winx wrote:
Is a flat iron the same as what we call hair straighteners here in England? Or do you mean an actual iron held in place for a few seconds on its lowest setting?

Here is what I call a "flat iron"  :)

Straightening reborn hair? Flat_i10

Hope that helped!! :)
Back to top Go down
Winx

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 11:43

Ah yes, that's a hair straightener over here :)

It won't melt the mohair will it? Or should I wet it first?
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 15:16

Winx wrote:
Ah yes, that's a hair straightener over here :)

It won't melt the mohair will it? Or should I wet it first?

Hopefully some one who has used this on their reborn will reply soon. As I have never done this myself.

bigsmile
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 20:40

Yes, you can use a flat iron {straightner} on Mohair and Alpaca just start out low and work your way up to a higher setting if needed. I would condition the hair first.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 23:13

I would not use any chemicals at all. Im pretty sure it would damage the doll beyond repair
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? EmptyMon 16 Jan 2017 - 6:06

I would be frightened something would happen and knowing my luck it probably would I would learn
to love it me thinks
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Straightening reborn hair?   Straightening reborn hair? Empty

Back to top Go down

Straightening reborn hair?
Page 1 of 1