R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strange request from a customer

Go down 
+6
bearysweethearts
Tiffeny
tracid
Jenny In NH
SharonR
Lara
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Strange request from a customer Empty
PostSubject: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 9:44

So, I had a customer on ebay as me to send them a picture of the baby I have on Ebay with a piece of paper in front of her with today,s date on it.

Proof of life???? Like what? It was really strange. Like she wants to know if the baby really exists or not. I think I answered her in a nice enough way, explaining that I am an honest seller 100% positive feedback feedback, selling for 15 years, website, forum, etc, etc......then I said that Ebay doesn't allow us to swap emails for me to send her the picture??? IDK

Really strange....anyone ever get a request like this?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 14:35

I've not gotten that request (I've yet to sell online lol), but I have seen it quite a few times. I think people who buy on Ebay or Etsy are asking for "proof of life" to try and insure that what they are bidding on is actually what the person has in their possession. It's a sad commentary on human behavior that this is necessary anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 16:25

Lara,  

I havnt had anyone ask me for a  paper with today's date.. but they have asked me for a picture of somthing that i hadnt posted, like say..

a photo of the reborn with only the cloth body, no clothing. Or a photo of a certain feature really up close foot or hand etc.  (Which in the same

instance, proves you have the doll in the first place, that you are able to provide more photos of anything they request - only its not so obvious.)

P.S.  Ebay doesnt let you give out email address in the messages, but they do let you add photos where you respond to their questions.

P.P.S.  this lady must have been really burned before or heard horror stories..
Back to top Go down
tracid
tracid

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 16:48

It really is sad that it has come to this.  I've never had this request myself but have seen quite a few who have,  from buyers who have been burned in the past by sellers sending dolls that are not what was shown in the original photo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.londondollshow.com
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler
Tiffeny

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 20:28

I've actually had a customer ask me to take a picture of the back of the neck of a doll I was selling. She said she wanted to make sure that it really was an Elisa Marx kit. Basically all they're looking for is to know that you really have possession of the item and that you are not trying to scam them.
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 23:31

Tiffeny wrote:
I've actually had a customer  ask me to take a picture of the back of the neck of a doll I was selling. She said she wanted to make sure that it really was an Elisa Marx kit. Basically all they're looking for is to know that you really have possession of the item and that you are not trying to scam them.
I have had a couple ladies ask me the same thing sense all those " stolen" china knock offs. I usually look at all feedback before I make a purchase too. I have never had any problems so far.
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 4:18

Sad that the reborn world has come to this, but there are a lot of dishonest people selling kits that they do not have, showing pictures of other peoples reborns, thus leading the buyer to believe that they actually are going to
receive the doll in the photo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Dad

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 9:36

Some websites, not auction sites but forum sites that have "for sale" sections, require a picture with a paper showing today's date. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense, for the paper can be photoshopped in. When a customer gets in contact by PM or e-mail, it makes more sense to ask a picture of a specific part.

Jenny In NH wrote:

P.S.  Ebay doesnt let you give out email address in the messages, but they do let you add photos where you respond to their questions.

P.P.S.  this lady must have been really burned before or heard horror stories..

That was what I thought too.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 16:53

I have gotten requests like that as well Lara. Its because there have been so many scammers I think, and they probably have had issues with trusting someone before. I am glad that you have explained things to her in such a nice way. It is hard when they don't trust you, Ive been there, but I also understand their asking. I always just refer them to my feedback, and also tell them to ask around on Facebook groups just in case. HUGS!!!
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer EmptyTue 10 Jan 2017 - 14:50

This is something people are doing because they are selling/buying on Facebook. They are getting burned as hell too. So on Facebook you prove you actually have possession of the doll instead of just posting photos of a doll that could have just come from copying and pasting from the Internet. That is why they want a piece of paper with that has that days date on it beside the doll. Buying from Facebook, unless you actually know that person or at least know they are an honest seller is super dumb in my opinion. A lot of the people on Facebook are completely ignorant of what a reborn actually is or what goes into them. I see sellers list vinyl as silicone and people asking for silicone that cost $15. It's just sad, and really irritating. If I see one more "in search of cheap reborn" I am going to vomit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange request from a customer   Strange request from a customer Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange request from a customer
Page 1 of 1