R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!

Go down 
+9
pia46
Dad
Lara
Tiffeny
bearysweethearts
Rainbows
Jenny In NH
cherielynn09
Tinabloomfield
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 19:58

Finding out last night that a lady names Amy Wilson from Georgia, has gone and gotten the name "Reborn Baby Doll" Trade marked, so no one else can use it. Several ladies have had their Ebay Auctions pulled, as well as Etsy, and I myself was BULLIED to the point of removing one of my own listings, and now have her blocked on Ebay. People are trying to talk to her and let her know what she is doing is wrong, but all shes doing is swearing at us, and blocking us all on facebook. Lara has asked me to attatch a petition to sign, to help get this reversed. There are a ton of signatures already but we need your help as well. Reborning, and the terms that go along with it.....are NOT new, nor should they have been trademarked. I don't know who stepped in front of the idiot train to help her get this trade makr, but they sure didn't look into it either!!! Will you please help???

Here is the link

https://www.change.org/p/international-association-of-doll-artists-reversal-cancellation-of-incorrect-trademark-filed-for-the-words-reborn-baby-doll?recruiter=17088858&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_page&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-custom_msg
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 22:12

I've already signed it......not sure how she managed to get a descriptive phrase trademarked....like I said when I signed the petition......like getting the phrase two wheeled bike trademarked.... sad
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 22:42

Signed it! She cant stop the whole world, she wouldnt have time, she is VERY clever (evil) though to have gotten it trademarked - guess they dont research anything at the trademark office, but it has to be wrong...  she cant trademark an item...  That would be like saying im going to trademark Gold Chain and no one can sell them.. Hope some of the RICH reborners can get an attorney and find out about this! I think the trademark office is uneducated and needs to be enlightened, that its not a brand but a common item.  That would mean that places that sell kits, couldnt use reborn dolls in their sales.. this sounds ludacrous! . notfair

I think we need to notify ALL KIT MAKERS/stores about what she has done and to NOT SELL HER ANYMORE KITS~she will have to buy... kits from CHINA!!!
Back to top Go down
Rainbows

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 23:06

sad

Last edited by Rainbows on Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 23:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 23:14

Signed, that is so ludicrous !! Why in the world would anyone do that????
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 23:19

I was also notified on FB that some of the ladies, are looking into lawyers, and have spoken to some. They have opened a Go fund me account, to help fund the suit that they are looking into. I did see that there were some sharp opinions about it, because the Go fund me people take a huge percentage of the money, but theres been a nice sum already collected. This lady started something and is going to wish she hadn't. I feel like a lot of the others do, that if we ALL come together we can fight this. The petition was the first step! Thank you all for your support!
Back to top Go down
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler
Tiffeny

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 23:49

I signed. I will go look for the go fund me site. This is a shame. This woman is terrorizing the reborn community. Wouldn't it be just desserts if somebody sued her for emotional distress and theft of a livelihood? So so sad crybaby
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 9:41

I have signed it and I also keep going on her facebook page "Original Reborn Artist" and writing on each post. Of course she deletes everyone's posts as soon as they write them. She must be getting help with that, as I can't imagine that she has time to just delete messages from people. Bu honestly, this is just breaking my heart...literally. People's livelihood is at risk, gifts for children, the money for Christmas needed for family's to buy those gifts for their kids and their auctions are being taken down because of this woman. It's just evil...that's all it is. I really was so upset yesterday, I just spent the whole day posting and trying to do something. I have my husband talking to one of attorney friends from school today and I'm planning on calling eBay today to see what in the world is going on with this automatic bot system yanking auctions.

We all just need to keep up and keep messaging her until she is so tired and just gives up this fight. There are too many of us and she clearly picked the wrong people to do battle with. She has no idea how strong this community is and how much we love and support each other. Let's do this!!!! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Dad

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 13:09

Signed, but I unchecked the box that made my name and comment visible. There's no need to add anything to the petition; it's clear enough.
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 14:38

Dad wrote:
Signed, but I unchecked the box that made my name and comment visible. There's no need to add anything to the petition; it's clear enough.

Since it's a US trademark, I don't think it effect you and you can use the term "reborn baby doll" but if you are selling one of your dolls purchased from your collection, say, and you sell it on Ebay, then they could take it off. I have seen questions from people from other countries ask about this and if pertained to them...so...yes, and no.
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 15:26

Lara - Debra Jadick, Bobbi Barfoot and Stephanie Tackett have hired an attorney. They have additionally requested that everyone NOT continue to contact Amy!
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 22:18

I just went to Ebay (Weds Dec 14 at 7 pm Central time). I had a tab open on Ebay with the single search word reborn. There were 32,000 plus items and I had done it 2 or 3 days ago. I refreshed the page and 37,000 plus items showed up. So nothing has changed that I can see. I didn't have it capitalized - would that make a difference?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 22:38

Lyndie, if you follow the threads on the new group page or some of the original posts ... there have been quite a few artists who's auctions on Ebay as well as Etsy that have been deleted. The simple fact that those fellow artists are out the fees for those auctions ... as well as the loss of income right before Christmas is enough to make it be a major change.

And I believe you have to use a combination of reborn baby doll for it to pick up the auctions she's managed to control the outcome of. When I searched Ebay for reborn baby dolls I got "7,540 results for reborn baby dolls". No clue what that number would have been two days ago though.
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 1:22

The ladies who are hiring the attorney, have said the lawyer that has spoken with them says for now...we cannot legally use the terms "Original reborn" and "Reborn baby doll" until this mess is cleared up. You can still use the words reborn in any shape or form you please otherwise. Shes trade marked the two specific terms I put in parenthesis.
Back to top Go down
dollsbytaylor

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 17:55

signed, I know some ladies have reborn Doll Baby and there's are still up on Ebay. Not sure if that will continue to work.
Back to top Go down
Lyndies*Lovies
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Lyndies*Lovies

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 22:28

I do not think that I have ever searched for born again doll baby and I'm purposely not using the term she made a trade mark of - and I know never end a sentence with a preposition, but I'm sure my English teacher will forgive this time.

I think we should use the term born again baby doll. Baby doll is long is use and so is born again.

I want to end this post with I never searched for the term she trade marked. And I bought my first reborn doll on ebay and took my first reborn class from Lara. I go WAY back with these terms.

I have never searched for the term she has trademarked.
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyMon 19 Dec 2016 - 4:44

As I understand it this only applies to USA and not the UK - I see friends that have their reborns on
Ebay and they have not been pulled. Hope this gets sorted and soon, stupid selfish woman.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! EmptyWed 21 Dec 2016 - 11:20

You are right....it applies only to the USA right now. Hopefully they will get this mess sorted out. This lady doesn't realize shes stepped on a hornets nest, nor does she realize this wont stop us from continuing to do what we love. We don't have to use her phrase....we can come up with our own LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!   ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION ALL ARTISTS!!!! We need your help NOW!!
Page 1 of 1