R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)

Go down 
+2
nightowlnursery
April
6 posters
AuthorMessage
April
Admin
Admin
April

Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) Empty
PostSubject: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 21:50

For those who were interested in another conversion tutorial I've been working on converting Lara's latest biracial/ethnic Pralines and Cream class from genesis to babyfx :) Just wanted to share a little peek at my Imani. I just love this kit and the skin tone works perfectly for this sculpt! Will be getting the tutorial put together in the next week and I will update when it's finished and all ready to go bigsmile

Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) IMG_0006
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 15:56

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptySat 19 Nov 2016 - 17:22

Love him! happyhappy
Back to top Go down
poohbear
poohbear

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 18:16

Great Sculpt. I love it.
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 13:08

Melissa just announced that Babyfx will no longer be produced so I will not be finishing this tutorial or creating any more babyfx conversion tutorials crybaby  I'm so sad about this, those were my favorite paints to use crybaby
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyWed 23 Nov 2016 - 9:14

April wrote:
Melissa just announced that Babyfx will no longer be produced so I will not be finishing this tutorial or creating any more babyfx conversion tutorials crybaby  I'm so sad about this, those were my favorite paints to use crybaby

I wondered about that? Lots of ladies will be very sad.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 2:40

WOW!! I wonder why!!! I was just starting to feel comfortable with them!! UGgggggggggggg sad
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 10:38

Jenny In NH wrote:
WOW!! I wonder why!!! I was just starting to feel comfortable with them!! UGgggggggggggg sad

From Baby FX:

Dear Baby FX customers,
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that we have to announce the end of the Baby FX line.
Baby FX paints were a premium product that we were proud to sell but the cost to product this high quality product was high.
The demand for Baby FX was barely sufficient for us to reach the quantities of product we were required to buy in order to obtain bulk prices, but we were able to keep things going.
Unfortunately a couple of months ago, due to a number of reasons out of our control, the cost of the materials used to produce the Baby FX line increased dramatically.
We considered increasing the price in order to overcome this issue. We abandoned this idea because the increase would have been so high it would have priced Baby FX out of the market. This would have gone against what we believed Baby FX was about and that is to be an affordable solution for both beginner and advanced reborn doll artists.
We know there are a few out there that would be willing to pay more for the paints however, the demand at that price point is not enough to support an ongoing business. If we charge higher prices, we get fewer customers, which in turn stop us from achieving bulk quantity requirements with our suppliers; hence we would have to run the business at a loss.
Selling the business or handing it over would require the new owner to run the business at a loss, which obviously is not an attractive proposition for a prospective new owner.
We also considered using a cheaper formula. Over the last couple of months we have tried numerous different formulas from different manufacturers which used more affordable ingredients. This was a costly exercise which produced unsatisfactory results. Furthermore, our customers did communicate that they did not want the formula to change from the original. Like the saying goes “there is no substitute for quality”. Varying the formula would simply result in a product not true to the Baby FX brand.
As you can see, a great deal of consideration went into this decision, which was not made lightly.
We believed in Baby FX and while we enjoyed seeing our products reach many countries around the world, the truth of the matter is that businesses sometimes do not last, and sadly this is the case with Baby FX.
We wish everyone the best and hope that what you learnt with Baby FX adds to your knowledge and skills when using other water based paints.
Sincerely,
The Baby FX Team
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) EmptyFri 25 Nov 2016 - 15:41

Beautiful baby April! So sorry to hear the paints are being discontinued, sad they couldn't get the price down and still be top quality sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)   Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

Praline and Cream to Babyfx conversion baby sneak peek ;)
Page 1 of 1