R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking of ideas for the next contest

Go down 
+3
Jenny In NH
SharonR
Lara
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

Thinking of ideas for the next contest Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 16:37

OK, we are looking for ideas for the next REAL contest........

I was thinking either of a fall themed baby contest or naked baby contest

or we could do something for Halloween and have a character contest

Give me some of your best ideas, and then we'll do a majority rules.  whoohoo

what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyMon 15 Aug 2016 - 19:30

I'm leaning toward doing a fall themed contest, if no one has a preference. That way, we can have more flexibility with the contest, and anyone can enter. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 15:38

I like any of those ... which I guess means I'm no help at all. lol lol
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 16:02

Well, I like them all too!!! I thought of them all!!!! I'm willing to take other suggestions, but Im thinking if we have submissions in by Oct 1st, that would give everyone time to finish up whatever baby they might be working on now and take photo's.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 17:21

I love all your ideas too!! Fall themed might give all the summer vacation people time to get one ready by October 1st though!!

whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 1:24

So is "Fall" based on the best PHOTO? Or the best REBORNING?
Back to top Go down
Bornannew
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Bornannew

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 2:15

pia46 wrote:
So is "Fall" based on the best PHOTO? Or the best REBORNING?

Hmmm...That's a good question Pia?  

I do like a Fall theme as well...I would think BOTH...a cute fall outfit on a lovely reborned Baby  wink

Soooo a combo of the two ?
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 10:43

The theme would just be the qualification. Contests are usually based on reborning. But as always, we know that the overall visual effect of the photos always comes into play...How good the photography is, for example is going to play a part, whether you want it to or not. A crisp photo will appeal to you better. How the posing looks effects how you view the baby and how realistic you feel the baby is. That's why some baby's sell for more on Ebay that might not be as well painted as others. Of course on Ebay you have other factors, like if it's a prototype and how well known the artist is and things like that...heck, even where the artist is from or how often she lists babies plays a part.

These contests help everyone see how their babies are represented and maybe what they need to improve on. maybe it's using better props, or taking better pictures, or getting more realistic poses. I believe we have tutorials on ALL these things in the members only tutorial section.

If you want a contest on JUST how well the baby is painted, then we do a naked baby contest. And we can do one of those too. I think we all like the fun themed contest, and to see the props, and make the baby's "pretty"

So, to answer the question, the contest should be based on the artistry of the artist and how well the baby is reborned, no on the props. BUT, I think, in all honesty, in the back of our minds, unless it's a naked baby contest, it will always play a part.

As for what Fall Themed can mean...it could be having your baby dressed in fall colors. Using fall props, like leaves, or pumpkins.Dressed in fall clothing, like denim and sweaters..whatever "Fall Themed" means to you. If we were doing a calendar, what baby pictures would you expect to see on September October and November?
Back to top Go down
Tiffeny
Toddler
Toddler
Tiffeny

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 23:44

What about Halloween costumes?
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: geat idea   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 23:48

Yepperz!! That's a good one too!! Lara said it can be anything to do with October & November!! Gonna be fun to see!!!

happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 8:32

Definitely! bigsmile
Back to top Go down
SweetLittleCherryBlooms
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
SweetLittleCherryBlooms

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 23:29

I vote for a fall contest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of ideas for the next contest   Thinking of ideas for the next contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of ideas for the next contest
Page 1 of 1