R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich

Go down 
+5
AmyR777
bearysweethearts
April
Jenny In NH
jo_lil_sugars
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich Empty
PostSubject: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 14:05

I really do not like this one but thought I would share this auction for those who do.  I'm curious how high this one will go.  The symbol of the forehead is really different.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-baby-Prototype-Ferdinand-by-Karola-Wegerich-iiora-PRA-ISE-/291744356692?

UPDATE!

Here is the second protoype of Ferdinand, has a story behind this little guy and it explains the symbol!  It's a Celtic symbol of protection!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allas-Babies-Reborn-Fantasy-Doll-Prototype-Ferdinand-Karola-Wegerich-IIORA-/182102606496?hash=item2a662942a0:g:wS4AAOSwiYFXGlyT

I'm watching both to see how they go!

Last edited by jo_lil_sugars on Fri 22 Apr 2016 - 16:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: well done   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 14:24

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
I really do not like this one but thought I would share this auction for those who do.  I'm curious how high this one will go.  The symbol of the forehead is really different.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-baby-Prototype-Ferdinand-by-Karola-Wegerich-iiora-PRA-ISE-/291744356692?

If you like character babies, it is very well done! (kinda scares me - lol).  I know there are several ladies on our forum that like/make them!

Thanks for sharing!!

thankyou! thankyou!

Last edited by Jenny In NH on Fri 22 Apr 2016 - 18:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 16:04

Jenny In NH wrote:
jo_lil_sugars wrote:

If you like character babies, it is very well done!  I know there are several ladies on our forum that like/make them!

Thanks for sharing!!

thankyou!  thankyou!

I agree the painting is amazing but it's not for me, that's why I posted it for the ones who do bigsmile
I am watching to see how high it goes, she really stepped out of her box. I know the mermaid's by Shawna didn't go as well as I thought they would.
I would love to hear others opinions on this one yeseree
Back to top Go down
April
Admin
Admin
April

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 17:27

This one really gives me the creeps :( It's the one hoof and symbol on the forehead that really gets to me. He seems to have lots of interest tho but I agree it's not for me either
Back to top Go down
http://www.sweetiepienursery.com/index.html
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 19:25

Beautifully done ! Is this going to be a kit ?
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 21:15

Not for me but thanks for the links.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 1:01

bearysweethearts wrote:
Yes.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 1:31

bearysweethearts wrote:
Are you going to pre-order one?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 3:18

jo_lil_sugars wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:
Are you going to pre-order one?
The hoof is a little weird but yes I think so. I would love to paint one. Also In Mythology Centaurs there are lots of hoofed man creatures. He would be perfect in a haunted house too!

Last edited by bearysweethearts on Sun 24 Apr 2016 - 12:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 14:28

No question the workmanship is wonderful but I have to admit I totally don't "get" the thought behind the sculpt. I would love to hear her design process and why she chose to give him one foot and one cloven hoof. Is there a basis for it in mythology somewhere? But what really confuses me is why there's a horse shoe nailed to the hoof. Why not sculpt the bottom of a horse's hoof, even in a simple way? I get that the shoe helps to distinguish it as a hoof but to me it means the little creature was captured by humans who nailed the shoe on.

IDK
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 17:52

Wow Sharon, I never looked at him like that!
Back to top Go down
Patti-Cake Nursery
Toddler
Toddler
Patti-Cake Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 12:36

I loved Shawna Clymers Mermaids but I agree, they didn't really sell as well as I expected. I have only ever seen just a handful of them reborn. I have a Pearl completely painted and waiting for hair but I don't really expect her to be an easy sale although she is gorgeous.
This baby though,....just too "Demonic" looking for my taste!! Especially the hands and feet. I suppose there is a community who goes for the much darker reborns but I can't imagine that is an especially large number of us. I would really not expect it to do so well even though Karola is an awesome sculptor. JMO
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/sophiemarie2cute
sarrah
sarrah

PostSubject: hello group. i had to join to post to this baord !   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 20:48

I am brand new to reborning. I have yet to finish a kit. I have fallen in love with the Ferdinand kit and had to respond to this board.
I wanted to say I agree with Sharon R a bit. poor little Ferdinand has so much going on with him, it isn't a wonder why he looks upset.
he has horns, not human they do look like goat. His poor hoof!
it actually isn't a cloven hoof. it is a horse's hoof without the frog on the bottom of the sole. a cloven hoof is split as a goat(again) or cow or deer and so on.
What really bothered me about this sculpture is that darn little horse shoe. I know there is artistic license and anyone can deplict anything they feel inside.  
But! (and I am laughing) in any real world or any fantasy world I can think of, no one would ever nail a horse shoe on a foal, kid, or human baby! it just isn't done! even more so in a fantasy world(I would think) because you can make them perfect. it is a fantasy afterall.

anyway *s* I had to jump into to this conversation. I know no one knows me or could care actually. I am a 64 yr old woman who use to be a professional horse trainer in my younger years, which is why the shoe just got under my skin a tad. *s*
I love Ferdinand. I got a some kits on preorder because the ideas I have for him keep flowing and I want to create so many outfits and different looks for him. in the real world, they do make a boot for hooves that cover it uyp completely *s* I might jusr have to make one for my ferdy so that little shoe doesn't show on at least one of my little guys.

I have been carrying this shoe thought with me for weeks now and it feels so great to give voice to it here. no one I know in my area is doing reborning so it is nice to find a community online.
hello ladies, very nice to meet you. *s*
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 22:42

Sarrah - I will look forward to seeing your versions of Ferdinand!
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 22:44

sarrah wrote:
I am brand new to reborning. I have yet to finish a kit. I have fallen in love with the Ferdinand kit and had to respond to this board.
I wanted to say I agree with Sharon R a bit. poor little Ferdinand has so much going on with him, it isn't a wonder why he looks upset.
it actually isn't a cloven hoof. it is a horse's hoof without the frog on the bottom of the sole. a cloven hoof is split as a goat(again) or cow or deer and so on.
What really bothered me about this sculpture is that darn little horse shoe. I know there is artistic license and anyone can deplict anything they feel inside.  
But! (and I am laughing) in any real world or any fantasy world I can think of, no one would ever nail a horse shoe on a foal, kid, or human baby! it just isn't done! even more so in a fantasy world(I would think) because you can make them perfect. it is a fantasy afterall.

anyway *s* I had to jump into to this conversation. I know no one knows me or could care actually. I am a 64 yr old woman who use to be a professional horse trainer in my younger years, which is why the shoe just got under my skin a tad. *s*
I love Ferdinand. I got a some kits on preorder because the ideas I have for him keep flowing and I want to create so many outfits and different looks for him. in the real world, they do make a boot for hooves that cover it uyp completely *s* I might jusr have to make one for my ferdy so that little shoe doesn't show on at least one of my little guys.

I have been carrying this shoe thought with me for weeks now and it feels so great to give voice to it here. no one I know in my area is doing reborning so it is nice to find a community online.

Thank you for adding your thoughts on this Sarrah and welcome to the reborning world happyhappy

I agree with you and Sharon and I had never thought of this when I saw him, owning horses before I know that is so true about the shoe.....  

Again this is not my cup of tea, I would never buy him
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Thanks Sarrah!   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 9:26

sarrah wrote:

I didn't know anything about this subject!! I have been looking it up now - lol!!  Thanks to all the ladies explaining it!!  I think the one that painted the Ferdinand kit with a  lot of red and black clothing, used her own artistic expression.  I have seen other Ferdinands that were not on the dark side.  I am a Libra and need balance and I wish he had two hooved feet - hehehe. Now I know.. also .. no shoes!!  

I cant wait to see members here version of Ferdinand!!  I like this version:

Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich Ferdin10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich   Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich Empty

Back to top Go down

Prototype auction of Ferdinand by Karola Wegerich
Page 1 of 1