R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........

Go down 
+5
pia46
Lara
SharonR
bearysweethearts
Jenny In NH
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Empty
PostSubject: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 14:16

Snap........  snap.................. snap...

oh.. that's me ROOTING.. and breakin needles.. lol lol lol

Thought I would share a picture to make y'all laff............  specially newbies......

in my journey of learning how to root.......... a few years ago.........

this is an example of how NOT to root .. SPARSLEY..... lol lol lol lol

(no wonder it took me MONTHS and a lotttta money to root that reborn).. LOLLLLLLLL   She looked like she enough hair
to get ready for PROM!!!

lollollol

whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Sparsl10
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 17:34

lol lol You were the queen of toddler rooting and didn't know it. How long did that take you ?? I still break needles though. I root watching T V . I have a tendency to watch to much TV without looking down then I hear a snap!!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 20:02

At one point I told my husband I was going to change the name of my business from Sharon's Kids and Kitters to Bush Babies! Now I am a little better but I think from all the years doing porcelain dolls with wigs... I still fight the NEED to fill every minutely small spot with just one more hair!! lol lol
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: hehehehe   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 10:28

bearysweethearts wrote:
lol lol  You were the queen of toddler rooting and didn't know it. How long did that take you ?? I still break needles though. I root watching T V . I have a tendency to watch to much TV without looking down then I hear a snap!!  

hehehe lol lol

I think it took me two months off and on... I would get a painful neck and cramped fingers, so I didn't do it more than a couple hours a day... I kinda thought I was getting into trouble but by then I had done the whole back of the head and I wanted the rest to "match" OMG.. LOL... I THOUGHT maybe... once it was wet I could just "thin" it out.. HAHAHHAHA

I am proud to say, I NEVER did that .. again!! LOL I laugh so hard every time I look at this picture!!! hehehe She had over $100 just in HAIR!!! affraid LOLLLLL

lol lol

loveyou!

Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 10:29

SharonR wrote:
At one point I told my husband I was going to change the name of my business from Sharon's Kids and Kitters to Bush Babies! Now I am a little better but I think from all the years doing porcelain dolls with wigs... I still fight the NEED to fill every minutely small spot with just one more hair!! lol lol

heheheh Bush Babies!!!! lol lol

I know, right? That was me.. wanting to fill in everyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lil spot!!! Im wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better now!! I just have to keep tellin myself

"Jennyyyyyyyyyyy.. step away from those empty spaces!!!"

lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 10:11

Oh I remember that head so fondly......... wink
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: fondly   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 11:20

Lara wrote:
Oh I remember that head so fondly......... wink

hehehee - Laraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you saavedddddddd herrrrrrrrrrrr lol lol
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLi-KJJTSyc
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 23:03

That is one hairy baby! I have often wondered how many hairs get rooted into one square inch of a head for "sparse" "medium" and "heavy" rooting. I may just have to mark off a one inch square on my next rooting project to see what I do? Anyone have a clue or interested in giving it a test and a photo?
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 0:25

Girl....didn't you know that breaking needles is PART of the rooting process??? So is poking your fingers, so do please be careful lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: heheheeh omgosh im rolling   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:00

Lara wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLi-KJJTSyc

HAHAHAHAH TINA TURNER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!!!!!! (I think my baby had even more hair than Tina!!!) LOL

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: hope you find out!!   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:01

pia46 wrote:
That is one hairy baby! I have often wondered how many hairs get rooted into one square inch of a head for "sparse" "medium" and "heavy" rooting. I may just have to mark off a one inch square on my next rooting project to see what I do? Anyone have a clue or interested in giving it a test and a photo?

I hope someone does!! As I have no clue!!! It is something I STRUGGLE with each and every time I root!!! lol crybaby lol
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:02

Tinabloomfield wrote:
Girl....didn't you know that breaking needles is PART of the rooting process??? So is poking your fingers, so do please be careful lol lol lol

Ohhh I have done the needle in the finger thing.. OMGOSH does that hurt!! Havent done that in a while.. prolly cuz I havnt rooted much LOLLLLL
lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
bdtimm
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
bdtimm

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyMon 11 Apr 2016 - 15:18

Too funny Jenny!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: now i laff   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyMon 11 Apr 2016 - 16:08

bdtimm wrote:
Too funny Jenny!!

hehehee makes me laff now!! (back at the time, I was saying...I REALLY need to learn how to PAINT hair!!!) heheeh   lol lol
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 11:19

Wow, that's a head of hair! LOL!!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
Susan
Susan

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 15:16

pia46 wrote:

I counted the hairs across and down, forming a square inch on my last doll. There averaged 30 hairs across, and down. Most are single hairs but there are some doubles and fold-overs in the mix.  That would be 900 per square inch for a micro-rooted baby. I consider my babies' hair to be mostly medium-sparse, although my AA babies usually have multiples in the plugs if the customer likes a full head. So I guess it depends on whether you micro-root or multi-root. It can take the same number of pokes to produce a variety of heads. I find I spend as much time pulling OUT hairs as I do putting them in!!  Here's an example of the 900-ish per square inch rooting. whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Julie-micro-rooting%20682x1024whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Jewel%201024x682
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 16:05

Thank you for doing the counting. I will mark off a square inch when I start rooting the next head and see what I come up with and what to call it!
Back to top Go down
AmyR777
Toddler
Toddler
AmyR777

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 16:40

Susan wrote:

That would be 900 per square inch for a micro-rooted baby.

WOW, that's a lot of hair...and a lot of needle pokes!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.reborndolls.me
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: wow thanks for doing that Susan!!!   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 18:48

Susan wrote:
pia46 wrote:

I counted the hairs across and down, forming a square inch on my last doll. There averaged 30 hairs across, and down. Most are single hairs but there are some doubles and fold-overs in the mix.  That would be 900 per square inch for a micro-rooted baby. I consider my babies' hair to be mostly medium-sparse, although my AA babies usually have multiples in the plugs if the customer likes a full head. So I guess it depends on whether you micro-root or multi-root. It can take the same number of pokes to produce a variety of heads. I find I spend as much time pulling OUT hairs as I do putting them in!!  Here's an example of the 900-ish per square inch rooting. whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Julie-micro-rooting%20682x1024whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Jewel%201024x682

Thanks for doing that Susan!! I had no idea!! (PS - Your rooting is beautiful)!!! worthy worthy worthy

That's me too (root - pull out - root - pull out) !!affraid

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: hehehe   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 22:26

AmyR777 wrote:
Wow, that's a head of hair! LOL!!

I did put her up-side-down and shake before the picture .. for added hair drama!! hehehe lol lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........   whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting......... Empty

Back to top Go down

whats that sound? Jenny .. step away from the rooting.........
Page 1 of 1