R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Off to a craft show this morning

Go down 
+2
bearysweethearts
Jenny In NH
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

Off to a craft show this morning Empty
PostSubject: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 9:26

As we have no dolly stores within a hundred miles of my home, I am going to check out some of the bigger fairs this year in hopes of finding a place to sell a few reborns next year(once I get some made - LOL)!  Going now  to one a few towns away and see if there would be any interest in reborns!!

Wish me luck!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!      happyhappy  happyhappy  happyhappy  happyhappy

hugsssssssssssssssss

Jenny
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 13:32

I wish I lived near you I'd be going with you! jumping You drive safe and have some fun!! GOOD LUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: me tooooo   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 2:18

bearysweethearts wrote:
I wish I lived near you I'd be going with you! jumping You drive safe and have some fun!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Awwwwww I wished we lived near each other too!! Would be so much fun to have a dolly friend that lived close!! Ohhhh what fun we would have!!

Well, the fair was nice, not as big as I had hoped.  Nothing like reborns there, would definitely be the only one for sure!! I showed some of the ladies
that run the fair a picture of a reborn I had on my phone, and one lady said, awwww how old is the baby? hehehehehe

The guy that was making the most money at the fair was a guy that made outside garden creatures all out of old rusty tools, and car parts and pink
pigs/elephants made out of small old helium tanks or maybe they were propane, not sure.  They used trowels, shovels, nails, chains; some pieces sold for
$80. They were quite clever and popular!

Off to a craft show this morning 9b4c0110

Off to a craft show this morning 7e0fa810

Off to a craft show this morning 30867810

Off to a craft show this morning 93724910

Off to a craft show this morning Horses10

Off to a craft show this morning Il_57010

Off to a craft show this morning 62262010

Off to a craft show this morning 1e5de010
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 2:52

Jenny have you ever checked out this site?
http://www.dollshowusa.com/
I just did a doll show today and was put right next to the only other reborn seller at the show. lol What are the odds? Turns out she was really nice and we had a wonderful conversation.

What we both thought found entertaining is that two of our customers bought from both of us ... right at the same time!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: ohhh thankyou!   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 10:08

SharonR wrote:
Jenny have you ever checked out this site?
http://www.dollshowusa.com/
I just did a doll show today and was put right next to the only other reborn seller at the show. lol What are the odds? Turns out she was really nice and we had a wonderful conversation.

What we both thought found entertaining is that two of our customers bought from both of us ... right at the same time!

oh my gosh!! Thankyou Sharon - I have never heard of that site!! There is one town about 25 minutes from me and that isn't bad at all!!! Wooot!! gonna check this out!! happyhappy happyhappy happyhappy

Sounds like a fun time at the show you did!!! I wonder if the show owners thought they were doing a good thing by putting you two together!! Glad that worked out for you!

Was that show close to your home area?

Thanks again for the web address!!

P.S. in case I forget later on this year... BOL at the ROSE show too!!! whoohoo whoohoo whoohoo

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 14:49

I'm so glad I was able to help! I thought ... hmmm ... New Hampshire isn't that big a state so most listings shouldn't be *too* far away!!

And the show I was at yesterday is only about 10 miles from where I live. They do 2 a year at the same spot ... one in spring and one in the fall. There are 2-3 others that are about 2+ hours away that I might try to do later in the year. Right now everything is aimed at ROSE.

Here's my funny story for the day! Yesterday I was talking to a friend at the show telling her how excited I am about upping my game by going to Utah and she asked if I was taking my dolls. I told her yes but I'm going to be focusing more on accessories because there will be so many other artists there and I know a lot are more skilled than I am.

She said don't be silly ... your dolls are beautiful and it's all in the eye of the beholder.

I laughed and told her yes ... but my booth is right next to Pat Moulton. lol

She blinked ... and then said, "Oh my ... then you're really smart to concentrate on accessories!"
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: hmmmm   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySun 3 Apr 2016 - 15:53

yikes!! LOL @ Pat Moulton!!! Well... I bet someone will want to buy your beautiful babies, as its really true, some babies just call your name..-  its like ice cream ( hehehe) ... so many different flavors and lots of people like so many different kinds!!!  (Course, im talking brave here, but I would be a chicken - lol) .  I have seen some really expensive dolls that didn't "call to me" and others a lot less money that I fell in love with!!

Well, whatever you decide to do, I wish you the very best Sharon. Most of all, have a blast!!!! And thanks again for the web info, im definitely gonna try the ones that are closest to me!

thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! thankyou!
whoohoo  whoohoo  whoohoo  whoohoo

happyhappy happyhappy  happyhappy
Back to top Go down
michellep20
Crawler
Crawler
michellep20

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 22:24

Jenny In NH wrote:
bearysweethearts wrote:

Awwwwww I wished we lived near each other too!! Would be so much fun to have a dolly friend that lived close!! Ohhhh what fun we would have!!

Well, the fair was nice, not as big as I had hoped.  Nothing like reborns there, would definitely be the only one for sure!! I showed some of the ladies
that run the fair a picture of a reborn I had on my phone, and one lady said, awwww how old is the baby? hehehehehe

The guy that was making the most money at the fair was a guy that made outside garden creatures all out of old rusty tools, and car parts and pink
pigs/elephants made out of small old helium tanks or maybe they were propane, not sure.  They used trowels, shovels, nails, chains; some pieces sold for
$80. They were quite clever and popular!

Off to a craft show this morning 9b4c0110

Off to a craft show this morning 7e0fa810

Off to a craft show this morning 30867810

Off to a craft show this morning 93724910

Off to a craft show this morning Horses10

Off to a craft show this morning Il_57010

Off to a craft show this morning 62262010

Off to a craft show this morning 1e5de010

Those are so awesome! Thats definitely my kind of thing!
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 22:34

yep...living in a rural area stinks as far as reborns go!!

Mostly no one around here even knows what they are...let alone...have a show!!!

I looked at that site and there were 2 shows listed in Ohio....the one in Columbus is next weekend......and
I couldn't possibly get anything ready that fast.... Columbus is only about 2 hours away.....

The other is in Toledo...that is over a 5 hour drive from here...yuck :+(
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 10:03

Glad you had fun!!! And that guy is very clever!!! But $80!!!???? No way!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to a craft show this morning   Off to a craft show this morning Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to a craft show this morning
Page 1 of 1