R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ebook new life begin, have question about baking

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cindyw

ebook new life begin, have question about baking Empty
PostSubject: ebook new life begin, have question about baking   ebook new life begin, have question about baking EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 2:48

hi, wink
I just tried new life begins ebook. I amazed how many layer need to get baby looks real. There're 15 layer colour (not included some colour need 2 or 3 times). that means 15 times baking
I already did 3 babies from this DVD, and ALL three babies look amazing ! except something... shine

I have problem all the 3 babies started to show shine on the 8th baking. On the 8th baking, shining only little..like satin thats ok, but it got more and more every time after baking. and after 12th baking ,it's SHINE !sad
it still have 3 layer to do thats mean 3 more baking, it means it will turn even MORE shine... I even have 3 thermometer.

on the last bake, I even only put thermometer to 250, and still made it shiner than before.

sad Did I do something wrong ? Any help ? I use Nuwave and put 3 thermometers inside

Thanks thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: ebook new life begin, have question about baking   ebook new life begin, have question about baking EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 9:35

You can do a slight matte varnish at the end to take care of any shine. Just mix matte varnish with thinning medium 1:1 ratio, and pounce until smooth. make sure there are no lines of demarcation before baking.

Bake 8 minutes, turn pieces and bake another 4 minutes. If it looks chalky at all after cooling, bake another 4 minutes. Hope that helps!!
Back to top Go down
cindyw

PostSubject: Re: ebook new life begin, have question about baking   ebook new life begin, have question about baking EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 21:05

Lara wrote:
You can do a slight matte varnish at the end to take care of any shine. Just mix matte varnish with thinning medium 1:1 ratio, and pounce until smooth. make sure there are no lines of demarcation before baking.

Bake 8 minutes, turn pieces and bake another 4 minutes. If it looks chalky at all after cooling, bake another 4 minutes. Hope that helps!!

Hi Lara,
Thank you so much for reply. Actually I tried before, put matte varnish on shiny doll. Baby became matte once I put matte varnish, but then after bake, it became shiny again. I wonder why... Did I do something wrong ? Any advice ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ebook new life begin, have question about baking   ebook new life begin, have question about baking Empty

Back to top Go down

ebook new life begin, have question about baking
Page 1 of 1