R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bearysweethearts

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added Empty
PostSubject: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptySun 21 Sep 2014 - 21:29

The Perfecting Puppy classs starts Oct.1st.  Any puppy kit may be used.I will be using The West Highland Terrier kit  by Reinhard Wielfert. I will be showing how I painted the kit underneath with step by step mapping and rooting .I have been raising Yorkie Terriers for about 8 years ,so I decided to do a Yorkie.  Terri of  CuteAsAPixie  will be hand painting the Princess Pug kit. I will also show a slight textured nose and tongue, tiny veins in the ears.( Optional )canine teeth added. How to insert the eyes and assembly, mapping, rooting with 3 different  colors. I used Delta Dawn Alburn, Medium Blonde ,and a dark Brown .  (More of a 3 tone blending effect ,because Yorkies are tri colored.)  You can use different color mohair for any of your Terrier breeds.

Supply list for Terrier Kit.
Any Puppy Kit

Flesh 06,07
magenta 08 or any light pink can be used.
Phthalo Blue  04 or 06
Q Crimson
pre- mixed crease, lip color
Burnt umber
Mars Black
Genesis satin gloss or Modge Podge
Genesis Matte
Cosmetic sponge
Mottle sponge
Brushes
Optional : Definition visual texture Acrylic paint( white /clear medium)  for canine teeth if adding.
18 mm eyes, ( for the Terrier Kit ONLY) I used the Lauschaer Glasaugen glass eyes that are recommended for this kit..( I have seen other eyes used which works fine it all depends on the look you want.)
3 to 4 ounces of  premium mohair depending on how thick or how long the hair you are rooting. You can use any color of mohair .I chose to use 3 different shades.
Different size needles:  I used a 42 gauge crown for the face around eyes,nose, ears and around paw pads, where hair is very thin. Then I used a combination 40 gauge 3 barb with a few areas using a 40 gauge 6 barb.{ you want to make sure you have NO plugs when using the 6 barb.}
Here are a few pictures of my work in progress,Yes I'm still rooting ,rooting, rooting and  .Thats why My pup is in my Yorkies PJ's  LOL.. I hope to be finished rooting when class starts! I will be trimming the hair up a little more when i'm all finished with rooting yeseree

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added DSCN5989_zpsc8f39725Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added DSCN5935_zpsbbaee7f6
Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added DSCN5949_zps9d5819dd
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 16:18

Your puppy is looking adorable!  I can imagine rooting will take quite a while.  I wished I had more money, this class would have been a fun one...I would have made mine into a toy poodle like my pup Muffy. bigsmile 

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added 11-08-10
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: awwww   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptyFri 3 Oct 2014 - 23:03

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Your puppy is looking adorable!  I can imagine rooting will take quite a while.  I wished I had more money, this class would have been a fun one...I would have made mine into a toy poodle like my pup Muffy. bigsmile 

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added 11-08-10

awwww Rachel, Muffy is adorable!!! :)

So is your class puppy, April!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 0:55

Thanks, Jenny!  She's looking a bit scraggly in that picture, I was letting her fur grow out for winter. lol
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 15:01

Rachel, I let the fur grow out some on my poodles to in the wintertime especially the smaller ones. I thought the face on the Terrier kit was perfect for the poodle because some toy poodles have the longer pencil nose like the standard poodles do,   but the ears were wrong.The Terrier kit has point ears.  The poodle has the flop ears. That was the only reason I didn't do a poodle.  I raise Yorkies and poodles.Now the mix breed Yorkie/poos can either have ears up or ears down, now some of my Yorkie/poos can do both. When they are alert about something their ears are up, When they are lazy ears down.  lol  Your Muffy is a cute puppy, sweet little face . She looks like my black poodle named Mickie- doo .One of my white poodles is named Muffy puffin- poo. We call her Muffy too.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added EmptyMon 6 Oct 2014 - 15:45

lol cute names!  Yeah, the ears are not right, but I was wondering how hard it would be to change them.  I keep hoping Doll Dreams will have more types of small dogs that they come out with. 

My Muffy is named after Muffit, a robotic dog from my favorite childhood T.V. show "Battlestar Galactica".  My favorite character growing up, was of course Muffit, also called Muffy.  I have plans to make a life sized Muffit...someday.
Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added Muffit10

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added Muffit10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added   Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added Empty

Back to top Go down

Perfecting Puppy class (supply list) pics. added
Page 1 of 1