R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)

Go down 
+3
With Love Nursery
melabugs
LollipopCradle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LollipopCradle
Toddler
Toddler
LollipopCradle

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) Empty
PostSubject: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:35

It was me... squealing with delight! I was so disappointed when the mailman left a package for my son instead of me. Then an  hour later, he pulled back in my driveway with my baby. Now I'm teasing y'all cause ya have to wait till I feed my family for pictures. So I'll be back in a bit!

Last edited by LollipopCradle on Fri 2 May 2014 - 22:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:38

I'm so excited! I just can't wait!
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 19:56

yayyyyy!!!
Back to top Go down
Michelle73
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 21:23

Yay I can't wait either  bigsmile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.roseecheeksrebornnursery.net
LollipopCradle
Toddler
Toddler
LollipopCradle

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 22:22

Without further ado........the box opening

A package from Melaney Ramirez......We swapped babies!  wink 

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8918
Goodies!
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8919
And much to my surprise  I actually opened the little packages before the baby (except the birth record) Check out all that pink! I LOVE pink!
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8920
Introducing Victoria Laney Smith! She didn't have a name already so I named her after the city she was born in, Victorville and her "birth mommy" Melaney
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8922
Her birth record...literally!
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8924
wearing her sweet strawberry sleeper
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8938
Look at those eyes!!!! and skintone!!! Can you believe this is the first biracial baby Melaney has ever done? I don't know if you can see it the pictures but her eyebrows and nails are awesome too! And I think the brows and  lashes are the perfect color Melaney.
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8950
little stinker...she took her headband off bigsmile  BTW: I love her bald head Melaney.
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8949
We're gonna have to talk about that lollipop.  lol 
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) IMG_8955
Here's a couple of pictures that are on her birth record. Thanks for including these.
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) DSC_7271
Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) DSC_7305

Strawberries is the theme! Victoria Laney came home wearing her strawberry outfit with a polkadot onesie underneath and flower headband, snuggly wrapped in her Eifel Tower blanket. She brought her platypus (named Strawberry) that she loves to snuggle with, a bottle, paci, teething ring/rattle, diapers, a strawberry sleeper, and flower onesie and she brought me a strawberry lollipop! you can see in the picture of everything, the lovely "case" her birth record came in.

I am absolutely thrilled with my new baby.  thankyou!  thankyou!  thankyou! Melaney! She is perfect!
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 23:08

You are very welcome! Thank you! I love her name and I feel so honored! I am so happy you love her so much! I'm glad she has a good home. I couldn't resist the "Birth Record"! lol  I forgot to add in with her that is done with the genesis heat set paints and has a Genesis heat set matte varnish finish. She also has two magnets one for her paci behind her mouth and one for a hair tie in the upper right hand side (her left, our right). I'm so glad you like her coloring and her eyes. I'm also glad that you like her as a baldy. Oh, I made an attempt to add hair texture to her eyebrows, and a different texture to her nails, lips and palms of her hands and feet. I'm not sure if I did it right or if it came out right, but at least I tried. ;) Though I do have to be honest the first dolls I made where about the same skin coloring, biracial (Hispanic/white). They were for my daughters who take more after dad's skin coloring. I talked to my neighbors, and friends that have biracial (AA/white) children and they told me that the coloring is the same as the Hispanic coloring of my husband. So I did my best to match her color to his. So she is my second attempt at this coloring as well as my second attempt at making dolls. I'm still learning how to use paint brushes, which is why you can see the brush strokes. If you have any idea on how to avoid this I would love to hear it. I blended and blended, (before I heated) but couldn't get rid of them. And those speckles that look like dust are flaws in the vinyl :( It took me forever to figure out that it wasn't something wrong with my paint. I was so confused.  IDK If you have any suggestions on how to avoid flaws in vinyl, or to fix them before you paint, please let me know. It was so frustrating.

Oh, here is a few pics of the first dolls I made with a similar skin tone.

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 1549228_733274800027072_447225586_n

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 1907967_738895116131707_1925119953437089507_n

Here are my favorite pics of her fully completed. (Oh, the mock up had a different pair of eyes in her, they belong to a doll that I am waiting to make that looks just like my son when he was a baby. That is why she has the different colors, and some of the photographs were taken before I found the right eyelashes.)

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 1959414_751868021501083_5644286206727459973_n

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 1609951_751867968167755_419713883667237321_n

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 1175602_751867964834422_3810364522320069090_n

And here is a pic I've been dying to share with you! It is of our swap babies, I hoped I could capture this and I did! Swap Sisters for Life!

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) 10255604_752238284797390_596099183337699106_n
Back to top Go down
LollipopCradle
Toddler
Toddler
LollipopCradle

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptyFri 2 May 2014 - 23:50

Oh I love the pic of Victoria and Gillian.

I don't see brushstrokes on Victoria, so you did a good job blending. What I do (and a lot of other artists) is paint onto the vinyl and pounce with a cosmetic sponge or mop brush OR you can paint onto the cosmetic sponge and pounce it onto the vinyl.

Thank you once again. We (my girls and I) do love sweet little Victoria Laney!
Back to top Go down
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 0:35

Thank you and I am so glad that you and your girls love her so much.

That's what I did with her painting. Oh well, I'm glad you can't see them, and I guess it is something that I'll have to figure out as I work on other dolls. :)

I loved the way she came out so much, that now I'm going to have to get a Riley sculpt for myself and some more of those grey eyes. I would have never thought about grey eyes if you hadn't requested them.
 happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 2:34

She is so very pretty! I love the eyes too! Never thought about grey!
Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
barbara
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barbara

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 13:48

What a pretty Riley...congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 14:57

She's a pretty baby, even with no hair.  bigsmile   Congratulations, Paula.  And Melaney, even after years of reborning, you still learn something new with each baby.  At least, I try to!  wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
melabugs
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 17:49

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind  bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)   Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-) Empty

Back to top Go down

Did y'all hear that......got pictures posted now :-)
Page 1 of 1