R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shall i start reborning?

Go down 
+4
pia46
bearysweethearts
nightowlnursery
gardener4444
8 posters
AuthorMessage
gardener4444

Shall i start reborning? Empty
PostSubject: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptySun 23 Feb 2014 - 17:24

Hi I've just joined this site to see whether or not to start reborning? I own a reborn Ashton Drake baby and a toddler (not sure on the kit?) and I'd like a boy, but rather than buying one I am considering reborning one for myself? I have done art classes over the years though I'm far from an expert! but I would like to 'have a go myself' I have looked at the prices of all the equipment I need and its not going to be cheap but I wondered generally how long a newbie would be expected to practice for? does it take long to learn how to heat paint? how many practice kits would I be likely to need? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptySun 23 Feb 2014 - 20:55

I have been reborning for over 3 years and have made nearly 300 babies. If you want to reborn because you have fallen in love with the art that is one thing but I don't believe you should begin reborning just because you don't want to buy a reborn from an actual artist. You will spend alot more money "giving this a go" than you will just buying a really beautifully done reborn. JMO. Reborning is an art that you hopefully never stop learning. It takes years to become a really good artist. Only a rare few can automatically be amazing right out of the gate and there is no way to tell you how much practice you will need. That said, we are here if you have questions about how to reborn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
gardener4444

PostSubject: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 14:06

Hi thanks for coming back with your thoughts, I can see what your getting at with it costing a lot and only starting if I actually want to do it as a hobby not to get one reborn, but starting this as a proper hobby is what I'm seriously considering, but being realistic I would need to be able to sell some of the reborns to support this hobby, so I wondered generally how long people felt it takes to produce a reborn that someone else would want to buy? I will probably start with a kit and paints just to practice and see if I'm any good at the natural looking colouring to start with as I think that's the most important thing that I look at when I'm buying a reborn. Thanks for offering your support, and if I do start reborning I will definitely come to this site for any help thankyou! 
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:14

Hi, welcome to REAL! welcome Look around, If you need any help with anything just let us know. bigsmile  Kathy
Back to top Go down
gardener4444

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyMon 24 Feb 2014 - 17:38

Thank you Kathy will do thankyou! 
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:23

To answer your questions about how many kits you would need to "practice" on, you can buy a bottle of "Winsor Newton Brush Cleaner and Conditioner" and strip the same kit many times and repaint. That way you will be an official member of the "Stripper's Club" right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
gardener4444

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 16:31

Love to join...i'll order some thankyou! 
Back to top Go down
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? EmptyFri 28 Feb 2014 - 20:51

pia46 wrote:
To answer your questions about how many kits you would need to "practice" on, you can buy a bottle of "Winsor Newton Brush Cleaner and Conditioner" and strip the same kit many times and repaint. That way you will be an official member of the "Stripper's Club" right off the bat.

lol  You can get it at you local Michael's in the paint section.
We have all done our fair share of stripping!
Another suggestion is to get Lara's e-book for excellent instructions (any of her books are good and worth the price) but the beginner book is ideal for the true beginner. The instructions are for heat set genesis paint.

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
runnermomoftwo
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
runnermomoftwo

PostSubject: Welcome!    Shall i start reborning? EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 18:50

My name is kelly & I too am new here! I think you should give it a go! It's challenging but very rewarding! Everyone on REAL is super helpful. :O)

welcome 
Kelly
Back to top Go down
kristipeachycheeks
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
kristipeachycheeks

PostSubject: reborn art   Shall i start reborning? EmptySun 2 Mar 2014 - 19:50

welcome 
I started by collecting reborns and when I had about 30, hubby suggested I make my own- seemed intimidating- but if you think of it as anything in life, you get better with practice. I got myself a starter kit from Bountifulbaby- or several other places have starter kits and learn from tutorial beginner dvd- and other great tutorials to get the basics and then as you get more experienced you can learn new techniques- these forums are a great way to build your knowledge- and I still try new things with each baby. IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTING!!! coffee? Just saying!! LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://Peachycheeksnursery.com
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: kelly   Shall i start reborning? EmptyMon 3 Mar 2014 - 18:23

runnermomoftwo wrote:
My name is kelly & I too am new here! I think you should give it a go! It's challenging but very rewarding! Everyone on REAL is super helpful. :O)

welcome 
Kelly

Hi Kelly!!! Welcome to REAL!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shall i start reborning?   Shall i start reborning? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shall i start reborning?
Page 1 of 1