R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reborning is my new passion!!!

Go down 
+3
bearysweethearts
NCGrammie
Mokamommy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mokamommy
Mokamommy

Reborning is my new passion!!! Empty
PostSubject: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 12:16

Hello everyone!

My name is Keisha and I have been a doll lover for many many years. Several years ago I came across a reborn doll and wanted to learn all there was to learn about them and to create my own. Life got in the way and I am only now beginning my reborn journey.
happyforyou! 
At the beginning of this year I decided to make my own dolls. I started with polymer clay and went from there. I have reborned several Kits from BB to Victoria by Sheila Michaels and I have even sold a few on eBay. (mainly to get money to buy more kits. lol) I generally make them for myself or for family members.

I am currently fascinated by the full body silicone dolls and have been struggling with the sculpting. All of my sculpts keep cracking!! Drives me nuts. Oh well Rome wasn't built in a day. In the meantime, I continue to drool over everyone else's' creations. I can't wait to learn more from all of the wonderful doll makers on this forum.

On a more personal note: I am married with two children. My son is 15 and my daughter is 13. I just recently began homeschooling my daughter as she suffers from social phobias and was having major panic attacks at school. Home schooling is a steep learning curve but I am all for it!

My husband and I are veterans of the US Army and have been married for almost 17 years. We have four dogs, one cat and one rabbit. We live in NC and there is NO ONE nearby (that I know of) who loves talking babies with me, my hubby is getting a little tired me thinks!! I have one aunt who is just as into doll and I made her a reborn. She is in Atlanta so we don't get to talk as often as I would like. sigh... okay so I might be a little long winded. ttyl
Back to top Go down
NCGrammie
Crawler
Crawler
NCGrammie

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 14:52

:real: 

Yaaaa another person from NC!! Welcome to R.E.A.L. I am looking forward to making my first reborn so I'm not as advanced as you but I'll talk dollys with you all day! wink

wave

Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 19:16

Hi ,Welcome to REAL! welcome  So glad to meet you, happy you could join us!! happyforyou! hamsterdance dancingelephant  Kathy
Back to top Go down
KimT
Toddler
Toddler
KimT

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 21:02

Hi,  How exciting that you can sculpt and reborn.  That's great.  I have a teenage girl with the phobia also.  It's nice to have an outlet : )   You will definitely learn here.  Hugs, Kim
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/vanilabn/
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 2:33

:real: :real: :real: :real:

A friend of mine found this helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F7TVYCK0ms
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
graciesforeverbabies
Crawler
Crawler
graciesforeverbabies

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 16:49

:real:   I'm  somewhat new also. I live close I'm in Ga.
Back to top Go down
Jenny In NH
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Jenny In NH

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 22:56

Hi Keisha!!

Welcome to my addiction and welcome to REAL!! lol 

Lots of resources here!!

Don't ever be afraid to ask for help!! Most everyone here knows something about everything!! lol

welcome wave :real: wave 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reborning is my new passion!!!   Reborning is my new passion!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Reborning is my new passion!!!
Page 1 of 1