R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please pray for my dad

Go down 
+6
CuteAsAPixie
With Love Nursery
mscenteno
pia46
izzy
Tinabloomfield
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

Please pray for my dad Empty
PostSubject: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 13:42

I haven't really posted a prayer request until now, I have said a small bit or two in the foruim about my dad being ill, and in the hospital. I wont go into all of the details, but he is home now, and in almost the same condition he was when he went there. He was in for a whole week. He is all swelled up, and bruised, but he is home and all snug and comfy in his own bed where he wants to be. I've got calls into his visiting docs, and nurses, and they wont be able to see him until Monday at the earliest. They know our concerns..... and will be here. Please say some prayers for me.... for my strength and my courage through all of this. Oh yeah....and my sanity
Thanks ladies...Ive got a lot going on right now
Back to top Go down
izzy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
izzy

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 13:53

Aw, loveyou! loveyou! loveyou!  to you! Will be prayer 
Back to top Go down
http://izzyooaks.blogspot.com
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 15:04

Hospice is a wonderful service.. I think it just requires a physician's request.. They will bring all supplies needed.. hospital bed, chairs, slings to move him, portable potty, etc. My father was on hospice from the middle of October until he passed away on 1/1/13. They were truly a blessing (along with the 24 hour a day nursing care that we private paid for too).. Prayers for your father, it is hard to witness the decline....
Back to top Go down
mscenteno
Toddler
Toddler
mscenteno

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 16:16

Tina, I will surely be praying for you. My 84-year-old father who is bed-ridden with advanced Parkinson's lives with me, so I relate to what you are going through.
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 17:58

He doesn't need hospice Pia...Im his primary caregiver since his stroke 6 years ago. I have 3 family members I care for, we affectionately call mom and dads house the Bloomfield Convalescent Home :). Dad had his stroke 6 yrs ago, Mark (his nephew) was 42 yrs old and had a hemmoraghic stroke 5 years ago, and my mom, suffered a broken hip (which was blessing in disguise) and found to have cancer at the same time. She is now on the mend, she has been cancer free now for 2 years, and they have cut our visits to every 6 months now instead of every 3. We are so blessed that Dad and Mark are still here with us, dad has only been hospitalized 3 times in 6 years, and that is amazing. By Gods grace, we have everything we need. All 3 have hospital beds, we have a hoyer lift, and we have wheelchairs, and every kind of hemi walker, regular walker, all the way down to any kind of cane LOL!!! I would just like to say..... the issues going on with him, are from the hospital themselves....NOT giving him one of the most needed medications for 4 days, and that has caused a lot of trouble. They also gave him Bolous feeds (all fuids at once) instead of the gravity drip feeds he has been switched to last year, because his body cant process that as fast any more. He is 76 years old, and I know, at any time we may need hospice in here.......but at this time, it is not needed. He is strong, and healthy and stubborn as heck!!!! He went into the hospital because of a UTI, and he needed IV antibiotics, I really wish they could just do these at home....I also wish they would LISTEN to me....when I tell them, he isn't feeling well, and start him on something when I ask them too, instead of making him get worse first. The health system really sucks, and now with Obama care..... our older folks, and people with severe life threatening disabilities... are being told, they will get no help. We were told at the hospital, that if by chance dad coded.... they would NOY resuscitate!! That makes me MAD...and sick to my stomache....over a UTI??? I could go on....but I need to get back to my folks. keep up the prayers please!!!!
Back to top Go down
pia46
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
pia46

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 21:33

Awe Tina, your plate is full.. My Dad passed just 2 months before his 94th birthday.. Now I just spend a couple of hours a day with my Mom, who is very lonely. You are a wonderful daughter to take care of so many family members in need... Prayers for them and for you!!
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 24 Aug 2013 - 22:15

Thanks Pia...I LOVE what I do, and I know they appreciate it, that is all that matters to me.
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 21:19

Im sorry Tina your dad is going through a rough time. Prayers for him
Back to top Go down
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyTue 27 Aug 2013 - 22:28

Thanks everyone!!! He is rounding the corner, and we are hoping this is a great sign angelsmiley 
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptyFri 30 Aug 2013 - 20:15

Tina, praying for you and your family!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 9:56

You and your family are in my prayers for sure
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Stacey
Crawler
Crawler
Stacey

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 17:23

Prayers for you and your dad Tina! loveyou! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.haskinsheavenlybabies.com
Tinabloomfield
Tinabloomfield

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 17:42

thankyou! thankyou!  for all of your prayers ladies. Dad is feeling so much better now that we got all the extra fluids off of him, and better working bowels. He Has had a lot of trouble since his stroke. You know....Not just the brain, or one side is affected. You have to look at the body as a whole, and even the muscles you dont know about or take for granted, like your bladder, or your bowels.....they can be affected from stroke too, and gradually over the last 5 years, they have gone to almost not working..... Theres a lot we can do to help him with that, so that part is good. Just sucks for him, because I would rather him not to have to be prodded all the time. He doesnt complain though, and he knows it is for the good of him, so he is fine. He says He loves that I think of his comfort all the time. He says he is spoiled angelsmiley 
Back to top Go down
handy denise
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
handy denise

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 17:53

Glad things are improving! Thought and prayers are with you.loveyou! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/handdcreations/
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad EmptySat 31 Aug 2013 - 18:30

Oh Tina!! I'm so very sorry! I haven't been on much and have not been reading the posts so I missed this. I'm grateful he is doing better and I will be praying for him and you and all your family. ~Hugs~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please pray for my dad   Please pray for my dad Empty

Back to top Go down

Please pray for my dad
Page 1 of 1