R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS Empty
PostSubject: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS EmptyFri 13 Aug 2010 - 4:51

Hi
I have the newborn class that used Noe, and I have the Peaches and Cream class. Can someone please tell me how to decipher how to use what one on vinyl kits I already have? I of course have some peach and pink Bountiful Baby kits. I also have a lot of RDK kits that are a really deep pink/red color I think. Then I have a few kits that are Walkobingers that are almost an orange color. I guess the ones I am most concerned with are the RDK kits, as I have so many of them. Which of the two classes that I have would I use for these kits? or if neither of them, then which one would be the best choice. I have just tried to do the hands in RDK and I am really really struggling here. So went back and did two green washes on them which seemed to improve them somewhat. I also would like some advice on painting the adult hands. Is there some information somewhere on this? Would I consider the skin tones to be the same as the baby's, or is it something entirely different?
Thanks for any information you can give me, it will be gratefully appreciated.
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 10:11

Hmmm, I really have not used any of the pink kits for class yet. They are not my favorite, so I try to stick to the neutral kits. If you had to choose one class to usethe pallet for a pink kit, I would use the newborn class, but use a mint wash before hand.
The Fussy class will be using a pink kit, so once that is out on Ebook in October, that should work well for the rdk kits, I think. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 14:10

Hi
Thanks so much for the help. So, to make sure I understand........mint wash on the RDKs....and wait until you are donewith Fussy for the color palette? In the meantime you think the newborn class after the mint wash may work? I have that as we all now know....LOL.....should I make any adjustments or will the mint washes take care of that?

Do I remember correctly that you said one time that the BB kits would do well with the Peaches and Cream class? I hope so, because I bought that Ebook .....LOL. And, should I make adjustments to this palette if using a BB?

One more question and then I will leave you all in peace for a while...I hope. I have Starlight by Anneke Doeven, which class for her? and I have several Eva Walkobinger's kits from Doll Dreams, what class do you think they would fit best in?

Thanks so very much!
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 15:12

Yes, you can use the newborn ebook for the pink kits, just do the mint wash first...maybe 2. You can be the judge on that. Starlight is a pinkish kit, too, so the Fussy class would work great with her, also. The BB peach kits will work great with the peaches and cream class, and the Doll Dreams kits are VERY close to the peachy color of Stoete kits, so I would say the toddler class for those.
Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS EmptySat 14 Aug 2010 - 15:37

Thankyou so much Lara!
You bet it helps/helped! I now have some sort of generalized path to start on. I truly appreciate all your help.
Joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS   WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT COLOR VINYL FOR WHICH CLASS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: Class Information-
Jump to: