R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

May Round Robin sign-ups!

Go down 
+2
EryMax
SharonR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

May Round Robin sign-ups! Empty
PostSubject: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:13

My thoughts for this month were to send gift certificates because we save the postage and it would encourage international members to join in on the fun! When Nina sent me one in March it was so much fun to go shopping because I didn't have to justify spending "my" money! lol

In an effort to keep everyone having fun I'll leave it up to each of you whether you'd like to send/receive a gift certificate ... or if you'd rather shop and mail a gift!

So, for question 7 you'll see I've added places you'd like to shop as well as things you'd like to receive in the swap. I've left all the other questions in so if you'd rather shop for someone you'll still have their preferences. I'll do my best to match up those who'd like to shop and or receive items rather than a gift certificate.

Make sense? (I hope so!) If not please don't hesitate to ask questions!!

General Round Robin Swap Rules:
1. Sign ups for any given month will be limited to two weeks. If you miss out on one month, you'll have to wait for the next month to participate.
2. You must sign up for each month you choose to participate, including filling the questions form again.
3. Gifts must be mailed out in time for your recipient to receive the gift the first week of the following month. For example: For the February swap, mail out your package no earlier than however long it would take for the package to be delivered by the beginning of the second week in February. Please use your discretion when mailing internationally since it generally does take longer. You will have 2-3 weeks to do your shopping, depending on where your recipient lives.
4. Each month will have a theme but you are not restricted to using the theme. This is strictly a matter of choice.
5. Gifts must be no less in value than $15 and no more than $25. This would be retail cost if you make homemade items.
6. Gifts must have something to do with or for reborns.
7. Do not contact your recipient directly to ask any questions. If you need to know something that wasn't answered on the question sheet, please contact me and I will get back to you with the answer.
8. Protect yourself when you mail out your package. Use certificate of mailing, delivery confirmation or certified mail(some way to prove you've mailed your package) when you send your package in case questions arise.
9. Pictures aren't always feasible for some people, but posting a public thank you to your giver is a must.

10. This swap is open to reborners and collectors alike.
11. Items must be new including handmade items unless requested by recipient(i.e. vintage bottle, etc)

*** You must be age 18 or over to participate. Sorry, but its the law. ***

Rules specific to the May swap.

1. Sign up between now and April 17th at noon eastern daylight time to participate in the May swap by emailing the list of questions to sharonskidsandkritters@gmail.com. Email only please.
2. You will receive the name you will purchase for no later than April 19th along with the list of questions they've answered.
3. Packages must be mailed in time for the delivery to be made between May 6th and May 17th.
4. You may choose to keep with the theme if you wish, but its entirely your choice.

Copy (highlight the questions then press CTRL and the C key at same time) then paste(put cursor in notepad or similar and press CTRL and V key at same time) the below then send your answered questions to sharonskidsandkritters@gmail.com to join.

1 Mailing name

2 Mailing Address

3 REAL forum name

4 Are you willing to send packages internationally?

5 Telephone number (some postal carriers require)

6 List the gender and size of each keeper you have.

7 Please list 5 places you'd like to receive a gift certificate from or types of items you'd like to receive through this swap.

8 What is your Favorite color?

9 Do you use magnetic Pacifiers, bottles, hair bows?

10 Are you allergic to smoke/pets/scents?

11 Do you have pets or smokers in your home?

12 When is your birthday? Just month and day is fine!

13 Do you like baby bracelets?

14 What is your favorite animal?

15What is your favorite scent?

16 What is your favorite flower?

17 Do you like chocolate?

18 Do you like frilly or simple?

19 What is your nursery name if you are a reborner?

20 What month is this questionnaire for?

Back to top Go down
http://sharonskidsandkritters.blogspot.com/
EryMax
Toddler
Toddler
EryMax

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 14:53

Gift certificates would be great, but some of the web stores don't ship international. So what is going to happen if someone get an RR partner overseas? Can you for example as an last choice chose to send them money on PayPal?
Back to top Go down
amberohio
Toddler
Toddler
amberohio

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 22:12

I know some store let u send e-gift cards so its sent through email and not reg. mail. Maybe that isn't an option for some stores but it's becoming more popular.
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 15:26

I'm hoping when you make your lists of places you'd like to shop that you do consider if they offer gift certificates and how those gifts are sent. International members would, I think, list places they know will ship to them. Perhaps even local businesses that those of us state side wouldn't think of ordering from simply because of shipping costs.

And there's always the ebay option ... http://giftcard.ebay.com/
Back to top Go down
EryMax
Toddler
Toddler
EryMax

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 5:38

Sure you can do that, but not many would understand Norwegian. The prices in Norway are so expensive that you almost can't get a pair of pants for 25 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Middleofnowherenursery
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 12:34

I have not received my partners name. Did anyone else get theres??
Just want to be sure I did not miss it!!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyMon 22 Apr 2013 - 13:56

You all get to beat me with a noodle!

Ever have one of those weeks that just seems to spiral out of control? We had unexpected out of town family here on Monday. Monday night our youngest grand daughter had to be taken to the ER because of some mysterious allergic reaction to something that caused both legs to swell and turn bright red. (Doctors never figured out what it was and she's fine now.)

Our middle daughter got a job in the Seattle area and was packing, having melt downs and panic attacks trying to get ready to leave ... and moved back home on Tuesday for the last days before she left. Everything was out of whack then.

On Thursday (after 2 days of no sleep) I had to have my lesson in how to hitch up our 5th wheel, tie down my ATV inside the trailer, and get ready for my first solo trip. I kept telling my darling hubby he was overloading my brain with information and he just went right on giving me more instructions! kuckoo-crazy

I meant to send out names Thursday night but it's just one of the things that slipped through the cracks. Meant to do it when I got home Saturday night but that's when it hit me that my daughter was gone and while my husband just stood there smiling at me because I'm a nut job ... I cried and cried and then started laughing because I was crying. Can we say someone needs her bed?

Yesterday I meant to send emails out but my brain had other ideas and it allowed all the left over "to do" list items ... to slip through the cracks again. So long story short ... I'll be sending out partners later today ... FOR SURE!!!!!

Thank you all for being patient and I'm so so sorry this month is late!
Back to top Go down
Middleofnowherenursery
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyTue 23 Apr 2013 - 20:08

Okay thanks for letting me know:)
I thought maybe you missed my email:)
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: MAY ROUND ROBIN HAVE YOU SENT THEM /   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptySat 27 Apr 2013 - 8:24

I have'nt received my partner details for the May RR, I note you were going to send them on the
22nd, did I get left out ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
jamie taylor
Crawler
Crawler

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyTue 7 May 2013 - 17:00

Are we shipping for Round Robin now. thankyou!
Back to top Go down
SharonR
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! EmptyTue 14 May 2013 - 12:05

jamie taylor wrote:
Are we shipping for Round Robin now. May Round Robin sign-ups! 837677
Yes Jamie! May Round Robin sign-ups! 163660
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: May Round Robin sign-ups!   May Round Robin sign-ups! Empty

Back to top Go down

May Round Robin sign-ups!
Page 1 of 1