R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

french dip sandwiches

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
littlehatchlingsnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
littlehatchlingsnursery

french dip sandwiches Empty
PostSubject: french dip sandwiches   french dip sandwiches EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 19:19

This is the BEST recipe.

3-4 lb. Beef Round Steak (or any type of beef roast)(chuck roasts you can shred when cooked or I prefer the rolled or rump roast and slice when done)

1 packet Onion Soup Mix
1 packet Au Jus Seasoning
1 (15 oz) can of Beef Broth or Stock
½ cup water
4 slices mozzarella cheese
Sub rolls (I like Bolillo Rolls)

Directions:
Put beef roast in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine Beef broth, Onion soup mix, Au Jus seasoning and water and stir until combined. Pour mixture over beef, put cover on slow cooker and cook on low for
about 8 hours. An hour before serving, shred meat with two forks or take it out and slice thinly. Place meat back in the slow cooker for another hour.
When ready to serve, place several slices of beef on roll, add sliced mozzarella cheese and place under the broiler (or use broil option on toaster oven). Watch carefully, broil for just a couple of minutes until cheese is melted and roll is just slightly toasted.
Serve sandwich with a bit of Au Jus from the slow cooker (you may want to strain it first). Also, I added just a bit more beef broth to our Au Jus.

Cook's Note: Optional toppings include sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms.
Also, instead of the water, you can substitute with more beef stock if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.littlehatchlingnursery.com
susie's tinymiracles
Toddler
Toddler

french dip sandwiches Empty
PostSubject: Re: french dip sandwiches   french dip sandwiches EmptyMon 25 Feb 2013 - 19:27

This sounds soo yummy! I am trying this tomorrow!!! french dip sandwiches 37678And now I'm going to be craving this all night french dip sandwiches 74474
Back to top Go down

french dip sandwiches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Swap Recipes-
Jump to: