R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I know this isn't right...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1ofakindx4
Toddler
Toddler

I know this isn't right... Empty
PostSubject: I know this isn't right...   I know this isn't right... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 11:52

I'm on the blending layer in the Native American book. I mixed the blend as directed but when thinner flashed of I have a chalky residue. I tried pouncing over the parts with a sponge with thinner only and it still is chalky.

Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
bearysweethearts

PostSubject: Re: I know this isn't right...   I know this isn't right... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 14:31

Did you use the proper amount of Linseed oil? With the darker and lighter colors the linseed oil helps a lot with chalkyness. Wasn't the blending layer done with the sea sponge? You may have used to much paint. I would keep trying with the thinner and sponge pouncing it out before you bake.
Back to top Go down
1ofakindx4
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: I know this isn't right...   I know this isn't right... EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 17:26

bearysweethearts wrote:
Did you use the proper amount of Linseed oil? With the darker and lighter colors the linseed oil helps a lot with chalkyness. Wasn't the blending layer done with the sea sponge? You may have used to much paint. I would keep trying with the thinner and sponge pouncing it out before you bake.

Yes, I followed the directions as far as mixing. Its worked fine except for this mix. It is so chalky it almost flakes. I'll try pouncing some more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know this isn't right...   I know this isn't right... Empty

Back to top Go down

I know this isn't right...
Page 1 of 1