R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rescued a dog

Go down 
+2
cherielynn09
MontanaKat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MontanaKat
Crawler
Crawler

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 0:35

We just rescued a 8 month old pup from "The Humane Society" and his name is "Dick Cavett." We didn't name him. My mom said, "You do act like Dick Cavett." We decided not to change his name. My dad's name is also Dick. Anyway, he's one of the dogs that came from California. My cat gave him "the look" and almost nailed him in the face and he backed off. I think he wants to play with her and isn't sure how to. So far, the pets are doing great together.

Taking him home for the first time. He was trying to sleep. But, he kept watching me to make sure I didn't leave or something. lol

Rescued a dog IMAG1731_zps0816f7e7

This one is a little blurry. He moved as I took.

Rescued a dog IMAG1782_zpsb9684c9c

I just love his eyes!
Rescued a dog IMAG1789_zps1256f85b

Just ignore the pee pads.
Rescued a dog IMAG1739_zps03052eb5

Where did that cat go?

Getting ready for his nap.
Rescued a dog IMAG1817_zps1c358b6b
Back to top Go down
cherielynn09
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
cherielynn09

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 10:52

OhMYGoodness...he is ADORABLE!!!! Look at those eyes...how could you NOT fall in love with that
lil guy??????

And you know what???? I think he LOOKS like Dick Cavett!!!! lol lol lol

Bless you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home!!!!
Back to top Go down
DianneB

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 11:08

What a sweetie!

It is almost a year ago that I took in an abandoned youngster. She came to me with some aggression issues and taxed both my patience and my experience but we worked through those issues. She has become one of the most loyal and loving hounds I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with and I consider myself blessed! There is nothing more satisfying that giving a good home to an animal in need.

Rescued a dog ChinRest_zpsa604186c
Back to top Go down
Dreaming Angel
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Dreaming Angel

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 15:06

He is the image of my friends little dog even the colour only the eyes are diffrent congrats on your new fur baby
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingangelnursery.webs.com
MontanaKat
Crawler
Crawler

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 6:27

Quote :

Sun 20 Jan - 6:52:39
OhMYGoodness...he is ADORABLE!!!! Look at those eyes...how could you NOT fall in love with that
lil guy??????

And you know what???? I think he LOOKS like Dick Cavett!!!! lol lol lol

Bless you for rescuing him and giving him a loving home!!!!

lol lol

Oh, thank you. We're supporters for rescuing animals.

I still think there is another mix in him.

Quote :
He is the image of my friends little dog even the colour only the eyes are diffrent congrats on your new fur baby

Is the dog same breed?

Quote :
What a sweetie!

Awww....Thanks

Quote :

It is almost a year ago that I took in an abandoned youngster. She came to me with some aggression issues and taxed both my patience and my experience but we worked through those issues. She has become one of the most loyal and loving hounds I have ever had the pleasure of sharing my life with and I consider myself blessed! There is nothing more satisfying that giving a good home to an animal in need.

How can you tell, with aggression? We've been thinking of taking him to a doggie class. Yeah, for some reason he's taken to me. He follows me everywhere. My dad gives me a bad time now, "You have a boyfriend."

More pictures of the cuteness!

He knows the kitchen pretty well now!

Dick: Okay, There is food in there and then it comes out, how can I figure out how to open the doors?

Rescued a dog Dick3_zps1eb93df0

Dick: I'm innocent!

Rescued a dog Dick4_zpsc6c84f75

(Sorry for the red eyes)

I love this photo!

Pattie: Oh, God. He's squishing me!
Dick: I'm beat.

Rescued a dog DickandPattie_zps488f7e4b

Rescued a dog DickTurah_zps2eb676ad

He was so funny in the kitchen. There was a lot of action and he wanted to stay awake and he couldn't. Once, he was about to fall asleep while standing. :lol:

PS: This was taken with my Sony A300 camera. I finally decided to charge the battery. lol The other pictures were taking with my cellphone.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 12:05

What a beautiful little guyRescued a dog 44677 I worked many years with foster homes that foster animals. I am so happy you got a rescue! I love the coloring with those eyes!! He looks like he adjusted very wellRescued a dog 162105
Back to top Go down
MontanaKat
Crawler
Crawler

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:30

Thank you!

All the pets are rescued: Pattie is the mini doxie. Someone abandoned her where we live few years ago. So, we ended up with her. We also had 2 male Doxies that were rescued. One of them passed from old age 18 and the other doxie passed away from cancer, they passed few months apart last year. It was hard and it's been so quiet. :( My cat she's also rescued and I realized she's 8 years old now. I adopted her when she was 2 years old from the pound. We rather rescue animals.

This is Dick's first home. He's been living at the "The Humane Society" in California all this time and then "The Humane Society" here in Montana. I think he's very happy. He is eating a lot better. They told us, he wasn't eating that well. We were thinking of changing his name and I told mom, "Mr. Gold." Because of his eyes. Nope. Darn it. lol

Was it hard for you to work in a foster home? I would end up taking a lot of animals home. lol

We didn't lock him up in the bathroom. We thought to test him and to see if he would get into anything and he never did.
Back to top Go down
jo_lil_sugars
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
jo_lil_sugars

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 11:31

I didn't work in a Foster Home, I owned a pet store & we worked with the Foster homes. I would have them come to my store to help get more adoptions. When people would no longer want a pet we would take them in & help find a forever home & if it got crowded in our store we put them in the Foster Home. That way we knew they would not be "put down". It was hard owning a pet store & not taking everything home!! If we fell in love with the animal and named it, then we kept him. We had alot of animals running around our store that was not for sale, because we just couldn't sell them. I also had a farm where there was plenty of room for them to liveRescued a dog 44677
Back to top Go down
lastingmemoriesnursery
Toddler
Toddler
lastingmemoriesnursery

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 12:19

What an adorable little fella. Congratulations on your new fur baby. I love that you Rescued him. I have rescues too. There is no greater love than a rescue animal will give.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastingmemoriesrebornnursery.net
Sponsored content

Rescued a dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescued a dog   Rescued a dog Empty

Back to top Go down

Rescued a dog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Non-Reborn Forums :: Pets, pets,pets!!!-
Jump to: