R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan

Go down 
+2
Lara
Joy Franklin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan Empty
PostSubject: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010 - 22:16

Would you please pray for our community, for Joel's family and for our son? Joel, a friend of our son Patrick was killed in action in Afghanistan last weekend. His medical evac helicopter was shot down. He was 25, married, and had graduated with our son in 2002 from high school. Joel was an Air Force Officer. We live in a small town, the kids belong to all of us, so we are a family in a sense in grief. We have buried one other soldier since this war started, a very good friend of Pat's, so we are all reeling again. His services will be Thursday June 24. His body has not reached home yet, and it has been nearly a week. This too adds to the building grief.
My husband is in ministry, and all of our churches and their staffs are involved. Somehow when our kids are hurt we forget the divisions that are usually there. For instance, Joel's church doesn't have a big parking lot. Our Catholic church just a 1/4 mile down the road has a huge one. So, our youth group and some others have taken it upon themselves to do valet parking for the services. The post office is about the same distance and they have opened their entire parking lot too....it used to bea supermarket. One of the other churches which is quite small have offered childcare for the services. So, it is a real community burying it's own.
Thankyou....it will be a rough week...for as you know, with each new death experience we all relive the past ones we have had in our lives. And, our town has had WAY TOO many young people die violently in the last 12 years.....2 in war, but 22 otherwise.
Thanks
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyThu 17 Jun 2010 - 22:57

Joy, I am so sad to hear of your loss. It is amazing to me, though, how God can use tragedy to bring your community together like they are. I will keep them in my prayers and bring it up at our small group meeting tomorrow night, when we do our prayer circle. If there is anything you need, or anything speciafic that you need praying for...please feel free to email me privately. I am sure your son is considerable shaken. I can't even imagine...my heart goes out to you all. prayer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010 - 0:30

That is so sad! My prayers are with all!
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010 - 2:20

That is terrible news, what a tragic loss, I will be praying for you all as well prayer
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptySat 19 Jun 2010 - 0:09

Joy... I will be praying for his family and for your whole community. It is a painful situation, but we know that we will see each other again on the other side. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.
Back to top Go down
stonehillnursery
stonehillnursery

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptySat 19 Jun 2010 - 0:30

OMG, sending lots of prayers, so sad..
hugs,
Carmen in nj
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptySat 19 Jun 2010 - 2:58

Iam so sorry to hear this terrible news but it is so touching to hear that the community all come together at this sad time. I will pray for the family and the community. Iam so grateful for god showing me this forum so we are able to pray for all of those in need. God bless you
Barb
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010 - 16:00

Thanks for all the wonderful prayers. It always surprises me how quietly and steadfastly God can work in situations when we open ourselves and let God be God. Yesterday was one of those days, everything went very well. Very moving of course, very sad, yet dignified and worthy of such an honorable young man. I hurt so for his mom and his wife, both have lost love that can never be replaced. God can help fill the void, but the ache is always going to be there. So sad. Our son did very well, he has definitely grown into a fine man, with courage and honor himself. Everywhere you went yesterday for a 20 mile radius to our little village flags were and half mast. Even little kids knew why. It hit me that just a couple of weeks ago my husband stood at a podium in the "military" section of our cemetery (we have soldiers from the Revolution, War of 1812, Civil War, the Blackhawk Wars, Spanish American, World War I and II, Korea, Viet Nam, Gulf War and Iraq and now Afghanistan) and gave the Invocation and the Benediction for Memorial Day. In his prayer he asked God to protect all our military men and women so that we would not need to bury any more. So, sad that we can't just live in peace.
Done rambling......thanks again for the prayers, they worked!! Now please join my husband and I in praying that this is the last.
Joy
Back to top Go down
CuteAsAPixie
CuteAsAPixie

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010 - 19:18

Joy, thanks for the update! I, too pray that we not need to bury any more. My son spent 15 months there. I've never prayed so hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan   Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan Empty

Back to top Go down

Soldier friend of son KIA in Afghanistan
Page 1 of 1