R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I usually don't ask, but.........

Go down 
+7
lastingmemoriesnursery
Trish
sweetcheeksnursery
With Love Nursery
babydoll4u
Karen
Linda S.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

I usually don't ask, but......... Empty
PostSubject: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 12:16

I am usually a really private person, but am really feeling really afraid, and all of you ladies have been sooooo wonderful since i have joined this group, so here goes. I have been having treatments all summer for colon cancer, and am going to be having my first surgery this Monday, November 19th, and feel very afraid. I have never had surgery of any kind before, so feel really nervous about all of the unknown, and what the future will hold. Please pray for me to have the strength physically and emotionally to get through this difficult time. I have a very supportive family, and husband who have helped me to get through this past summer. My husband has encouraged me to keep on doing what I love, which is creating these little babies, and also sculpting, which has helped me a lot. I have been feeling good physically this whole time, even through treatments, so sometimes it is really hard to believe this could really be happening. I would really appreciate your prayers at this time. Thank you.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 13:03

Linda, surgery is very scary, especially if it is your first. My biggest fear when I had my surgery was being prepped for it while I was awake. I told my doctor this and he put the order in that I got to go to sleep before they prepped me. Surgeons are very skilled nowadays and you shouldn't worry too much. Your anesthesiologist will come in prior to your surgery and ask you very specific questions. Answer them all truthfully because your life is literally in his/her hands.

Know that my prayers are with you and also healing energy being sent your way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
babydoll4u
Toddler
Toddler
babydoll4u

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 13:26

I am ever so sorry to hear that you have been going through this . notfair I can only imagine what a stressfull and upsetting time this must be for you :( I will say prayer for you that surgery goes well and that you recover fully and will be cancer free and remain that way.

keep us updated

hugs
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 13:54

Thank you very much, your prayers are greatly appreciated. Thank you Karen for the advice. I went to a pre admission clinic about a week and a half ago, I think that is what has kind of scared me. Too much information.

Linda
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 15:48

Awe, Many prayers for you Linda. Big hugs loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 20:05

Thank you so much.
Back to top Go down
sweetcheeksnursery
Toddler
Toddler
sweetcheeksnursery

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyThu 15 Nov 2012 - 23:12

Prayers coming your way Linda and big hugs too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 0:23

My Mum went through this (colon cancer) when she was around 70, she ended having a colostomy bag and live until she was 89+. she died 6 months before her 90 birthday, and not I might add from cancer.

I know everyone is different, but please do not be afraid, all our thoughts are with you.

Best of luck for a happy and speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
lastingmemoriesnursery
Toddler
Toddler
lastingmemoriesnursery

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 3:37

I am so terribly sorry that you are battling cancer and now facing surgery. Having had many many surgeries I know how scarey they are. Just know that you will be surrounded by thoughts and prayers in this next step to your full recovery!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastingmemoriesrebornnursery.net
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 4:55

My prayers and thought are with you at this worrying time,
but you will be home and back to your hobbies before you can blink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
kiwiserenity
Toddler
Toddler
kiwiserenity

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 10:23

Big hugs Linda xox
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 11:10

Thank you everyone soooooo very much for all of your thoughts and prayers. My husband says I am tough, and I guess I usually am. Just hoping everything goes ok.
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 11:20

Trish wrote:
My Mum went through this (colon cancer) when she was around 70, she ended having a colostomy bag and live until she was 89+. she died 6 months before her 90 birthday, and not I might add from cancer.

I know everyone is different, but please do not be afraid, all our thoughts are with you.

Best of luck for a happy and speedy recovery.

That is awesome to hear your mom still had a good long life after colon cancer. It feels encouraging.
I know of a couple of people who have gone through very similar circumstances also. There is one gentleman who my husband does work for that calls frequently to give me a pep talk to keep my spirits up. I am sooooo grateful to be a member of such a wonderful forum, with so many kind and caring ladies. This has been the only place where I have shared this. Thank you again for all of your caring and prayers.

Linda
Back to top Go down
susie's tinymiracles
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyFri 16 Nov 2012 - 12:03

Linda, many prayers for you I usually don't ask, but......... 646879 I usually don't ask, but......... 646879 I usually don't ask, but......... 646879 I usually don't ask, but......... 646879and lots if wishes on a speedy recovery I usually don't ask, but......... 571152
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptySat 24 Nov 2012 - 16:43

Just wanted let everyone know that my surgery was a success, still in the hospital , but am feeling better and should be home in a few days. Thanks to all of you for your prayers
Back to top Go down
susie's tinymiracles
Toddler
Toddler

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptySat 24 Nov 2012 - 18:54

I usually don't ask, but......... 162105 I usually don't ask, but......... 704681 I usually don't ask, but......... 162105I hope you have a speedy recovery as well!!! I usually don't ask, but......... 571152
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptySat 24 Nov 2012 - 19:06

So glad to hear, Linda. Get well soon!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptySun 25 Nov 2012 - 2:46

So sorry to hear your news Linda, but it's wonderful your surgery went well - sending love and prayers loveyou!
Back to top Go down
Linda S.
Toddler
Toddler
Linda S.

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... EmptyWed 28 Nov 2012 - 11:43

Thank you all again for all of your prayers. I came home yesterday, and finally had a good sleep, so feeling better. Everything went very well, and the surgery and everything turned out much better than expected.i will have another surgery coming up in the near future, but that is a good thing because if this surgery had not been such a success, I may not have been able to have the second surgery. So good news all around. Thank you again for everyone's support. It has really meant a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I usually don't ask, but.........   I usually don't ask, but......... Empty

Back to top Go down

I usually don't ask, but.........
Page 1 of 1