R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question Empty
PostSubject: Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 18:27

In Lesson 4 Mottle, it states that the paints you need are: clip/nail/blush (BB), flesh 08, red 05 or genesis red, yellow ochre, and ultramarine blue.

Then in the instructions it states we are going to mix our paint now, and the only instructions for mixing all of these colors is "mix together 1/2 Tbs odorless thinner with 2 brushes of "BB" cool blush". What am I missing? What about all the other colors that are needed?

Maybe I'm having an upside-down reading moment! IDK
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 20:13

I think the majority of that paint is actually used in lesson 5 but Lara listed it twice. I have no idea what clip/nail/blush means, I just use the Bountiful Baby lip and nail color. You can also use red 02 and blue to get the same color if you don't have the BB lip and nail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 20:51

Hi
The BB "lip, nail and blush" color is what Lara later called a "cool blush". The tone of it is cooler than the warm blushes.

Lesson 4 Mottle Supplies: Bountiful Baby clip/nail/blush (I just call it BB cool blush), That is the quote right out of the ebook. The other colors are not used here. They are used later.

It is sometimes confusing I know. Lara wants to get us the books as soon as possible upon completion of a class and because of that sometimes the editing is strange or non existent.

I am actually using this Ebook as a reference for my latest project...so I actually had an answer here! LOL

I hope this helps and ends your confusion. If not, then just keep asking and we can clear it all up quickly.

hugs
Joy
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012 - 21:16

thankyou! Think you guys answered in "clip, nail blush" lol...yeah, definate typo. Thats BB's lip and nail, or red 02 with a touch of ultramarine blue or what I call "cool blush" bigsmile
Back to top Go down
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: THANK YOU!   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012 - 0:40

Thank you all so much for your answers! Guess I'm not so upside-down after all! I will continue on my way - until my next question arises!

thankyou!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question   Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh! You Beautiful Doll eBook Question
Page 1 of 1