R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hello from Las Vegas!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

Hello from Las Vegas! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 12:02

Hi everyone! I am thrilled I found your site and all of you amazing artists! I'm a beginner, no supplies, no kit, no nothing, and not sure where to start. I have found the on-line classes and now that I am fully retired, plan to get busy and see if I can do one of these babies justice. Years ago I did several ceramic dolls, which turned out very nice, and I have wanted for years to create a reborn. Now is my time and I need to know what is needed. I did find the supply list so will start gathering my supplies. I also need to know which class would be best to start with. Any help someone can lend me will be very appreciated.

If anyone knows of any hands-on classes in the Las Vegas area, please let me know. I watched a video from a website that showed using clay to "model" the reborn's face. Is that done with each reborn, or is it just another process you can use?

Thank you for your help, and I'm so happy to be here!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 13:38

Welcome, Donna. No, using clay to change the reborns face is not done often. I don't think there are any live classes out your way just yet, although Lara would love to do one out there in March 2013. She just needs a hostess. You can read more about being a hostess in the Live Workshop section of the forum.

There will be a beginner basics class with DVD in August 2013. If you can't wait that long, Lara does have a couple of live workshops coming up this year in other places if you are able to travel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: Thank you!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 19:26

Thank you, Karen! I appreciate the information. I will take a look at the hostess section and maybe we can work something out. In the meantime, if anyone is here in Vegas I would love to hear from them.

Back to top Go down
Groovyday
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Groovyday

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptySun 1 Jul 2012 - 22:22

happyhappy Hi Donna, I am so happy you are getting started in reborning. Besides the online classes that RealReborn has ongoing, the store for our forum has eBooks from past online classes. The Strawberry and Cream eBook seems to be one recommended for beginners because it also has some videos on it. Here is the link for the store, http://realreborn.net/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2ncase you want to check that out. welcome bigsmile
Back to top Go down
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: Thank you!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 12:53

Hi Barb! Thank you for the great information! I am so excited about getting started in creating my first reborn, but at the same time scared to death! This week I will be ordering all the supplies I will need, or think I need, and reading ebooks. I think the hardest part of this whole creation is knowing exactly where to start, not to mention am I doing it correctly - but nothing ventured, nothing gained! I am looking forward to starting the online classes as soon as I have everything I need.

Thank you again, and with a big, deep breath, here I go........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 13:40

Hi Donna and welcome! You couldnt have found a better place to start!! welcome
Back to top Go down
DonnaT
Newborn Baby
Newborn Baby
DonnaT

PostSubject: Thank you!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 14:31

Hi Sarah! Thank you for the welcome! I'm sure I'm going to enjoy R.E.A.L. Reborn!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 14:48

Donna, we are all here to help you. Some places and people state you need this or that and when it comes down to it, you'll never use some of it so my suggestion is first to buy Lara's strawberry and cream eBook(its the best for beginners) and listed in it is everything she used in the eBook. It'll be normal to purchase more paint as you go along for different coloring but that's really the least expensive worry. You can find the eBooks at http://realreborn.net/cart
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Las Vegas!   Hello from Las Vegas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Las Vegas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: General :: New Members-
Jump to: