R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new needles

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

new needles Empty
PostSubject: new needles   new needles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012 - 4:42

Hi just wondering what the new needles are called ? fork or crown

also tried to order and was told I had to get intouch regarding postage

Thank you in advance
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

new needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: new needles   new needles EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012 - 11:28

Hi Loretta,
They are one barbed as the name describes. The manufacturer called them crown but crown needles have one barb on all three sides of the needle, but this just has one barb near the tip of the needle. You can PM or email me with what it is you'd like to order and I can get you shipping quote and we can go from there. bigsmile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

new needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: new needles   new needles EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 16:05

[quote="Karen"]Hi Loretta,
They are one barbed as the name describes. The manufacturer called them crown but crown needles have one barb on all three sides of the needle, but this just has one barb near the tip of the needle. You can PM or email me with what it is you'd like to order and I can get you shipping quote and we can go from there. bigsmile [/quote

Hi Karen. The 46g says crown while the 42 and 43g says single barb, but they all say they only take 1 strand of hair at a time. I would like to get the smaller gauge 46 but is it also a single barb crown needle? How much is shipping for either of the 46, 43, 42? How many do you think i would need, if it is as it says, "very strong" inspite of its small gauge? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

new needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: new needles   new needles EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 17:58

Unless you have been rooting for awhile, the 46g is a bit harder to use. Its a true crown needle, which is triangular in shape and one barb on each of the three sides of the triangle near the tip. I can honestly say I haven't broken any of these but they do go dull after a bit so you still have to change your needle. The other needles turned out to be true crowns this time also although we ordered the one barb, these came and these work just as well as the one barb. The size needle really depends on the quality of mohair you are using. If you are using a high quality KID mohair, then the 46 or 43g will be fine. If using an older mohair, like young adult or yearling or adult, I suggest the 42g. Shipping depends on where you are located and quantity of needles.
Back to top Go down
Lil
Crawler
Crawler

new needles Empty
PostSubject: needles   new needles EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 19:49

If the 46g has 3 barbs, it will take with it at least 3 strands of hair each time, too, not only1 total as the description indicates. Right? Are the 43g and 42g as strong as the 46g? Are they made of the same metal? by the same manufacturer?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

new needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: new needles   new needles EmptyWed 7 Nov 2012 - 19:51

No, it can only take it from 1 barb at a time. The hair has to be positioned in a certain way for a barb to grab it, since there is one barb on each side, only one side can grab the hair at a time. Yes, all made by same manufacturer.

But do keep in mind that if you choose to root with the punch method, you will probably grab more than one at a time. That goes for ANY needle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

new needles Empty
PostSubject: Re: new needles   new needles Empty

Back to top Go down

new needles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum :: Reborn Forums :: Store & Ordering Questions-
Jump to: