R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added

Go down 
+6
loretta
Dianne1227
barb
debora jenkins
threads
Karen
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added Empty
PostSubject: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySat 21 Apr 2012 - 13:34

Hi ladies...please pray for my brother in law. We got the middle of the night call around 12:30 am that my brother in law was stabbed in the neck. He was stabilied and intubated locally and flown to a larger city. He is in ICU but I understand he is going to be ok as long as there are no complications. It was touch and go for awhile and it was a long 6 hour wait for news....He is still on a breathing tube and it will stay until swelling is gone and can breath unassisted. please pray all continues to go well!! This has been a tough day....I havent had much sleep in the past 48 hrs......I managed to get on a computer in the waiting room here! lol

Last edited by Dreamweaver on Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 22:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySat 21 Apr 2012 - 13:55

Will definitely add him to my prayer list. How on earth did he get stabbed in the first place?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySat 21 Apr 2012 - 19:19

Was going to ask the same question as Karen.

Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: praying for brother in law   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySat 21 Apr 2012 - 22:12

I will definitely add your brother in law to my prayer list
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 0:59

My prayers are with him and your family. I pray for a full recovery. May god bless you all.
Barb
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 1:10

Prayers going up for you all.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
loretta
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
loretta

PostSubject: Brother in law stabbed!   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 1:41

your brother in law and family add to my prayers
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 4:51

Praying too Sarah - that is just awful! prayer
Back to top Go down
Lara
Admin
Admin
Lara

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 15:00

Sarah, I am sorry that I didn't respond t your emails from your phone...I did get them, but John has been in the hospital as well. Your last message said that he was going to be ok...do you have an update? I will keep praying... angelsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 22:00

Oh Lara...Please dont apologize....I understand! I have been praying for john also!! Is he doing ok? Is he comfortable? I just hate that he is sick and yall are going through this!! I ddint know he was in the hospital, I sent a prayer request to everyone in my contacts...some got emails from me that way others got texts...I didnt know I coudl do that from my phone...anyway.....I just needed prayers in a serious way...it was the worst weekend ever! .......ok.....Here is the story.....thanks for all the prayers ladies!

My brother in law has a CRAZY wife who is an alcoholic(like aressted last week for public intoxication, seriously) and she is a real 'BITTY" when she is drunk. I REALLY cant stand this girl! Anyway, they went bowling friday night....they were with their neighbors who happen to be AA.....this white family came in and for a good while kept making racial comments......my brother and their friends decided it was time to go.....well then his wife decided to open her mouth....no surprise there exceot it took her as long as it did.......well, my brother had to step in and drag her back....the son of this group, who was like 34, came up and stabbed my brother in the neck!! He then ran off...my brother didnt even know he had been stabbed until he noticed a warm wet feeling and look down as his entire shirt was blood covered. He put his hand to his thraot and the blood was gushing! He started yelling for help.......once at the hospital it was so bad that out local hospital couldnt help and he was taken by helicopter to houston.

We had the chaplin come sit with us after about 3 hrs of surgery...he stayed for like 45 minutes....we found out later he was there becuase that was the worst part of his surgery and they werent sure he was gonna make it......he was there waiting for the dr to come tell us bad news!! He got word the surgery was over and went well(of course he isnt telling us any of this) and he left since he was alive still.

OMG is was awful....anyway..this happened thanks to his crazy wife who learned how I really feel about her this weekend.....I want nothing else to do with her....ever..she is the reason this happend.....had she just shut her mouth, heck if she could learn to keep the alcahol out of her hands this wouldnt happen! UGH! anyway.......This was what he got for taking up for some good friends and pulling back his crazy wife......I was so proud of him this morning...his wife came in the ICU and was jumping all over me for being there.....never mind that I had to be the one to drive her drunk butt along with my mom in law over 2 hours to get to the hospital becuase they couldnt...she was drunk and my mom in law cant work houston freeways and the traffic...this being at 2:30 AM and me not getting but 4 hrs of sleep the past 48 hours! Well, when she started on me, my brother looked at her and told her to shut the 'blank' up and that it was all her fault anyway! lol I love my brother in law!!

Ok...I am rambling but for real, he is home now, surpriseingly...the ICU nurse said he was the only patient she has ever had go from almost dead to walking out of the ICU without even going to stepdown! And this quickly! I know its from the prayers and God heard them all!
He is doing very well and now we will hav matching neck scars...his is just a bit longer than mine....my scar was from my spinal surgery but now we will be twinkies he said! lol Im so glad I didnt lose my brother in law...he is my only brother and i love him so much!!
Back to top Go down
Beth Anne
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Beth Anne

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 22:08

weeeeee! I'm so glad to hear he is ok. What an ordeal!! Maybe this will be what it takes for him to leave his alcoholic wife.

I'm sorry you had to deal with all this on so little sleep. That must have made it harder, but your faith pulled you through! loveyou!
Back to top Go down
barb
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
barb

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 22:50

I am so happy that he is okay Praise the lord. whoohoo
Barb
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptySun 22 Apr 2012 - 23:16

Happy to hear he is doing better.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012 - 5:00

Wow, that is so awful - I hope they catch the guy that did it! Such good news though that your brother in law is doing so well now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptyMon 23 Apr 2012 - 8:05

Thanks ladies! Sarah they are still looking for him. We all know who did it, he was on the front page of our news paper the day before the stabbing for drugs....they did arrest 2 of the family that were there, unrelated charges it says but....the cops say they are going to be careful and make sure everything is by the book and they can charge them for everything they can!
Here is the news story, My brother wasnt drunk so he didnt like the implication that he was but i told him that his wife told so many stories that night plus the other witness statments they were not sure which details to print.

The one detail i know my brother in law was sure about was the gun thing....his friend(one of the AA friends) has a concealed hangun license and was carrying. He is a security guard for the hospital here.....he showed the gun to one fo the family members before the stabbing becuase the guy got a large pc of wood and was about to hit someone...he showed the gun and told the guy that wasnt a good idea.......the stabbing happend after....other wise this guy would have shot him on the spot in defense of my brother.....but the guy knew about the gun ,took off and had left the scene with the help of his dad and sister by the time my brother yelled he stabbed me.

http://www.ktre.com/story/17652751/lufkin-man-stabbed-in-bowling-alley-altercation
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012 - 5:57

Wow, that is so shocking!! It all could have ended so much worse, but what a relief that he is going to be ok... no wonder you had such a scary time waiting to hear how he was affraid
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added EmptyTue 24 Apr 2012 - 7:48

Wow Sarah, glad he is going to be ok. What a scare affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added   Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added Empty

Back to top Go down

Brother in law stabbed! UPDATE....story added
Page 1 of 1