R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

boxes for our babies

Go down 
+6
hazel_may(Janie)
passionatereborner
Karen
With Love Nursery
Trish
debora jenkins
10 posters
AuthorMessage
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

boxes for our babies Empty
PostSubject: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySat 14 Apr 2012 - 20:05

Can someone tell me where to get the right boxes to mail my Mother's Day Swap baby in?
Back to top Go down
Trish
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Trish

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySat 14 Apr 2012 - 21:36

Here in Aussie, I go to grocers shop, or buy from PO.........otherwise I can't help you sorry
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: boxes   boxes for our babies EmptySat 14 Apr 2012 - 23:13

Thank you Trish, I just wondered if there was a special box I was supposed to get. This is my first swap. There have been a lot of people look and you took the time to answer me.
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:13

Well if your baby is newborn size or smaller you can use the large flat rate priority box. That's what I always do. They always fit snuggly curled up. A toddler size I'm not sure. You can get them at the post office. I think Walmart sells boxes too.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:45

I get all my priority boxes from usps.com for free. Regional C is the largest they have but that one costs a bundle to send anything in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bluefairybabies.com
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 17:15

Karen wrote:
I get all my priority boxes from usps.com for free. Regional C is the largest they have but that one costs a bundle to send anything in.

But ... you can also use this box and wrap it with Brown Paper and then it doesn't have to be a Regional Box C ... It seems to hold the baby very good with room on top (or under) for wardrobes wink
Back to top Go down
passionatereborner
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
passionatereborner

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 17:19

debora jenkins wrote:
Thank you Trish, I just wondered if there was a special box I was supposed to get. This is my first swap. There have been a lot of people look and you took the time to answer me.

I have noticed this a lot lately, too, Debora ... many many people look but never respond or comment ... I know sometimes I can't always contribute or comment, but I TRY to at least say something as much as I can ... but sometimes, it makes you feel kinda "odd man out" when nobody says anything to your post, but always comment on others! ... LoL
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:33

This forum is open to the public so non-members can read most of the posts (there are sections that only members can see - not sure about this section) but you have to be a member to respond. I think there are a lot of "lurkers" on this forum - they learn a lot from us! yeseree Not sure if those hits show up in the counts but suspect they do. Also, we run up our own posts by re-looking. wink Don't be offended if 89 people have read (or just opened) your post and only 3 responded - it's just the nature of most forums, IMO.
Back to top Go down
hazel_may(Janie)
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
hazel_may(Janie)

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:47

As far as boxes - I save boxes that I get in the mail and re-use them. When I had my cross stitch business I bought my boxes (I bought in bulk) from a business supply company. You can order boxes in any size.

A lot of times I read posts and then either get side tracked and don't respond, don't have time to respond, or don't know what to say. I miss soooooo much on this forum because there is so much going on and so many different sections that I can't keep up. Then I'll ask a question and get a "refer to this post" with a link and I feel totally stupid. Oh well. I'm slow at reading and especially typing so it's just not possible for me. IDK

A lot of the threads I read - like this one - I find by chance.

EDIT: I just remembered why I opened your post - I wanted to know where to get boxes too!
Back to top Go down
threads
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012 - 4:42

In the Uk we can buy special boxes I paid £25.00 for 15 boxes that have a white outside and a brown
separate box inside. A friend of mine now sells brown boxes specially for reborns. A lot of the
site that sell kits etc, also sell special boxes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.threads-for-tiny-tots.webs.com
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012 - 20:31

When I mailed out my Jack Sparrow baby, I bought a box from the UPS store. It was expensive though something like $6 or $7, but I wanted him to get there safely since he was going from Michigan all the way out to California. For my swap baby, I've saved a box I got a clock shipped to me from eBay in. I think it will work perfectly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012 - 20:35

If you want to buy a large number of boxes you can get them at a good price from Uline and they have any size you could want.
Dianne
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyMon 16 Apr 2012 - 20:36

Uline is where I keep intending to order boxes from, but I haven't sold enough babies to justify an order yet... boxes for our babies 134448
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 11:23

Oh I did hear about some awesome boxes for reborns that are made in the uk. I sooooo wish they made them in the usa. They would just be too expensive to ship here. They come with a shipping box to ship it in too. Here they are:

http://www.plbdstore.com/NEW-Doll-Presentation-Boxes-p/dollbox.htm
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 12:34

Those are cute Stephanie. I wonder if you could find plain white boxes from Uline, cut your own oval and decorate the box yourself?
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 15:49

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Those are cute Stephanie. I wonder if you could find plain white boxes from Uline, cut your own oval and decorate the box yourself?

I was thinking about that too Rachel, but you would then have to find a shipping box that would fix that box in lol
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 17:19

Well, whoever has a couple of hundred bucks to spare can order from China and sell them to the rest of us lol
Back to top Go down
With Love Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
With Love Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 18:28

Karen wrote:
Well, whoever has a couple of hundred bucks to spare can order from China and sell them to the rest of us lol

Haha there was actually a person on Doll Fan who suggested to buy those boxes in bulk and would sell them to us in the usa. Not sure if they decided to or not though.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 23:27

I'd have a hard time putting that much money and effort into a box since most people probably won't keep it anyway.
Back to top Go down
debora jenkins
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
debora jenkins

PostSubject: a couple hundered bucks.   boxes for our babies EmptyTue 17 Apr 2012 - 23:29

I wish I had that much lying around
Back to top Go down
Dianne1227
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
Dianne1227

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012 - 1:34

Lara should order them and sell them to us. bigsmile
Dianne
Back to top Go down
Karen
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Karen

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012 - 8:24

Dianne1227 wrote:
Lara should order them and sell them to us. bigsmile
Dianne

Lara doesn't have the money. We've been trying to work out things to sell more things in the store but the cash just isn't there. What a lot of people may not understand is that Lara pays for private school for 3 kids. And PayPal is a butthead. lol
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies EmptySat 21 Apr 2012 - 20:03

The PLBD boxes are really nice but they look like a commercial doll, like the dolls we all got for Christmas as kids. The fun of a reborn is that it is a BABY coming home to mommy for the first time. So that kind of window box gives a really weird message. I would NOT like to unwrap th box and have a baby face all wrapped up in it! Now THAT would give me the creeps! LOL
Too bad we can't find a nice no ink on it, box at the grocery reliably. A box that say shipped gladioli in....nice and long and would be strong. I occasionally have been lucky at the local florist but not all thetime. Gigi is pretty good about saving a nice box for me but they are few and far between.
How many boxes do you get for 200 from China? Just curious.
hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: boxes for our babies   boxes for our babies Empty

Back to top Go down

boxes for our babies
Page 1 of 1