R.E.A.L.. Reborning Expressions & Artful Learning Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum, R.E.A.L. - Reborning Expressions and Artful Learning is designed for reborned artists to get together, take classes, learn from each other and chat about reborning!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update

Go down 
+8
babyblossom
Karen
mautallica1971
joa44
nightowlnursery
Poppy
Orange_Grove_Nursery
rebecca
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jun 2012 - 20:57

I've only managed to paint a few layers on mine so far - we shift next week, so I haven't had much time to spend on mine affraid
Back to top Go down
Mel's Tiny Nursery
Toddler
Toddler
Mel's Tiny Nursery

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Jun 2012 - 19:01

I will probably not be able to finnish my baby have still not got the mohair and she is not
finnished panited.
And not to talk about the clothes wich are not at all finnished.
what dates do we have to be finnished?
Mel
Back to top Go down
http://mels-tiny-nursery.webnode.com/
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Jun 2012 - 21:55

I think Rebecca was saying sometime in July.

I got my baby's body finished today!!! That's the first I've been able to work on my entry. Still need to paint the kit and sew the costume.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/orangegrovenursery?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012 - 2:19

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind and have time.?

Is the judging of the baby/character being done on creativity and costuming? Or, is the focus on the actual reborning of the kit?

Are wigs permitted?

Can we have 2 reborns in our one entry? Like two characters from the same theme? Such as David and Goliath rather than just one of them?

Thanks
joy
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:06

Hello joy I am just getting to you here. I know someone ask already on the possibility of having two baby's but because I didn't include this in the beginning rules I don't think it would be fair to everyone to let two character babies be used in the contest. You ask about the judgeing and my answers to this would be that the judgeing will cover the character overall.this includes the costume and how well the character is done. If you choose a wig or bald or micro rooted is all up to you. But in all fairness lets stick with one character only. Every one has plenty of time as I am extending the contest to the end of July.
Back to top Go down
http://www.beckyscradlecreations.net
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:12

Mel's Tiny Nursery wrote:
I will probably not be able to finnish my baby have still not got the mohair and she is not
finnished panited.
And not to talk about the clothes wich are not at all finnished.
what dates do we have to be finnished?
Mel

Mel thou are fine. I am adding more time for everyone. The end of July should give all enough time. I want to keep it fun for each one and not rush it as I know how busy times are with me as well.
Back to top Go down
nightowlnursery
Steady Walker
Steady Walker
nightowlnursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012 - 19:20

rebecca wrote:
Every one has plenty of time as I am extending the contest to the end of July.

Will this be the last extension? I know people are busy but if everyone keeps asking for extensions we will never have the contest. I hate to complain but I actually missed out on the Skintone/Tabatha contest (for which I reborned a doll, bought the requisite hat and onesie, and took the pictures) and both it and the character contest were extended so many times that I got the dates mixed up in my head and thought that the Tabatha pics were due at the end of June instead of the end of May. I was out of town that week and completely missed turning in the photos. sad

Back to top Go down
http://www.nightowlnursery.com
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jun 2012 - 21:02

rebecca wrote:
Hello joy I am just getting to you here. I know someone ask already on the possibility of having two baby's but because I didn't include this in the beginning rules I don't think it would be fair to everyone to let two character babies be used in the contest. You ask about the judgeing and my answers to this would be that the judgeing will cover the character overall.this includes the costume and how well the character is done. If you choose a wig or bald or micro rooted is all up to you. But in all fairness lets stick with one character only. Every one has plenty of time as I am extending the contest to the end of July.

Thanks for letting us know Rebecca. My baby is all finished and just waiting to be photographed wink

I had to finish in between class babies so I was sure to have them ready in time. Lucky I did because I have just finished my Shao and we will be working on our Kylah for Italian class in July bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012 - 0:45

Thanks so much Rebecca. I had a brainstorm and they are very very unusual for me! This kind of thing is not my cup of tea usually. I leave fantasy and such to ladies like Rachel who have a fabulous gift it seems for it. Me? I have my feet planted so firmly in the earth that I usually cannot think of anything "out there"! LOL

I hope the ladies who are not done will be able to still participate. It was nice of you to do these extensions for them. I actually think I will be done by the 20th.

hugs
joy
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012 - 1:23

rebecca wrote:

whoohoo thankyou! thankyou! thankyou! We are moving house this week so I am behind as usual but this extension will be wonderful for me bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:55

I'm working on my character baby this week, I start the costume today...painting maybe next week...? So I hope to have everything finished and ready in a week or two. Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2012 - 1:13

nightowlnursery wrote:
rebecca wrote:
Every one has plenty of time as I am extending the contest to the end of July.

Will this be the last extension? I know people are busy but if everyone keeps asking for extensions we will never have the contest. I hate to complain but I actually missed out on the Skintone/Tabatha contest (for which I reborned a doll, bought the requisite hat and onesie, and took the pictures) and both it and the character contest were extended so many times that I got the dates mixed up in my head and thought that the Tabatha pics were due at the end of June instead of the end of May. I was out of town that week and completely missed turning in the photos. sad

Yeah this will be the last, I think this is just enough for all who have planned and some things came into play that kept them away from their project and now we will definately let this be the final extention so in a few days I will put up a post on the deadline on the photo's. wink
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012 - 1:36

Do I understand correctly that the contest is extended to the END of JULY?

I just need to have it clearly stated by authority because I am very confused! But my entry is coming along quite nicely! LOL

hugs
Joy
Back to top Go down
Mel's Tiny Nursery
Toddler
Toddler
Mel's Tiny Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012 - 12:09

End of July sounds great, have not to rush with my rooting then.
The rules for the contest are they the same as before?
photo #1-close up of your characters face

Photo #2-full length completed body photo (naked without clothes?) sorry for a stupid question...

photo #3-The character/inspiration photo in which your baby was created from (creative photo) is just what I call it.
Mel
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2012 - 19:47

Mel, I'm pretty sure the full body picture is WITH the clothes, since this is a character contest, the outfit is part of the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
Mel's Tiny Nursery
Toddler
Toddler
Mel's Tiny Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2012 - 6:05

ok i almost thought it was with clothes but i always question everything... lol
Back to top Go down
Poppy
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Poppy

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012 - 5:22

For anyone who could have missed it - Rebecca has announced the deadline for photos here http://www.realreborn.com/t12007-character-contest-final-photo-entry-date - photos no later than July 5th... eek, I better get a wriggle on! affraid
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Jun 2012 - 7:58

I will answere all questions when I return home and can use my real computer, I am on my smart phone and I hate the typeing from it so just bare with me please.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012 - 20:41

Okay lady's I am finally home and would like to update you on the character contest dates and final rules.
first of all let me say that I am sorry for my having not been at my computer to give you answeres to your latest.questions
I do want to thank those who stepped in with their good answeres. I have had so many problems with getting a good connection with the phone I had avaliable. The rules are the same as the rules posted on the first post. I think its fair to say that the time to send your photos in to me is very close so you can begin sending them to me as I said earlier on July 1st and no later than July 7th I know I added two days to this because I need this time for myself. The judging will then begin on July 9th. Please look back over the original photo rules. Thank you and I am looking forward to seeing your babies.
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jun 2012 - 20:51

Poppy wrote:
For anyone who could have missed it - Rebecca has announced the deadline for photos here http://www.realreborn.com/t12007-character-contest-final-photo-entry-date - photos no later than July 5th... eek, I better get a wriggle on! affraid

Thank you so much Sarah but I deleted that one and moved it on this post. That was so nice of you.
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012 - 18:45

I am so grateful!
I have been battling the most awful stomach flu since last week! It has turned out to being a real disaster both physically and emotionally. I do not vomit well! LOL I know that sound terrible but what it takes for me to do that is extremely exhausting. Good thing my morning sickness with all but the first was just awful nausea!

So with these added days I may get it done right and get it photo'd. thanks!

hugs and voodoo charms for health!

joy
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2012 - 23:05

Whew, just got my character painted tonight! (Last week was prep for two kids' birthdays over the weekend, so I was busy with other stuff.) Now, I'm going to sit on the couch and put some finishing touches on. I'm so pleased with myself, this is the first time I've painted a reborn without an ebook or online class! It's also the first time I inserted eyes from the front. Very strange! But it worked.
Back to top Go down
babyblossom
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
babyblossom

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2012 - 3:18

Rebecca, do we pm photos to you or send via email?
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2012 - 12:06

One thing for all who are participating in the contest about the photo's, you can send them to me in a pm only as I rarely get my other mail in time, but also I am going to give you a few more days to do your best shots, I have some who are trying hard to finish up and thats good but due to some getting in some late baby parts and some who have had some bad weather and even a lady who has had to work through a move, well you can breath ladys because one more week is not going to hurt anything or change in anyway except the judging will begin one week later than the given dates, so send in your photo's still beginning on July 1st and I will except them up until July 12th and judging will begin on July 14th and end on July 18th at midnight. hamsterdance
If I didn't mention before about my three day vacation well I am going out of town for a few days but will have my new apple iphone to keep a good check and see that all is on track with everyone. If anyone is not good with this then please feel free to pm me and I can do my best to work with you... Thank you all and I know that you have been the best bunch of ladys to work with me on the whole planet.... loveyou! loveyou! loveyou! loveyou! loveyou!

Oh I can't wait to see those little characters happyforyou!
Back to top Go down
Joy Franklin
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2012 - 12:57

Becky you are really a very kind person! thankyou so much for the extra time. I am not finished yet, but our weather has been so darn hot that even the animals are staying in the air conditioning! 102 degrees without heat adjustment is a rarity for us, and we don't like it! LOL

hugs
Joy
Back to top Go down
Mel's Tiny Nursery
Toddler
Toddler
Mel's Tiny Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2012 - 13:19

well at least you have summer! we have had no spring no summer and in 2 month fall is hitting hard again.
om top 3 days we had 70 degrees mostly about 50 degrees!
And the days filled with rain fog and storm!
Next week wednesday i will be going to south sweden for visiting my sister and parents, hopefully
they have summer!
I have almost been able to finnish my baby only the asembling left.
Mel
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 0:24

Yeah, and the heat wave doesn't seem to want to lift either! We had a warmer winter, a strangely warm March, and a scorching summer so far.

Thanks for the extra week, Rebecca. I have my character baby done, but getting pictures taken around family holiday get-togethers was going to be tricky. This takes a LOT of pressure off.

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 837677
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 2 Jul 2012 - 11:41

You are very welcome, I wasn't thinking when I did the last deadline that the holiday was right smack in the middle of it and decided to give the extra time for everyone.... wink
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2012 - 16:23

Rebecca, could you tell us the new deadline and when voting will start? I've got my submission in already, but I'd like to know when to look for the voting. I can't wait to see all the creative babies! Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678
Back to top Go down
rebecca
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012 - 20:46

Orange_Grove_Nursery wrote:
Rebecca, could you tell us the new deadline and when voting will start? I've got my submission in already, but I'd like to know when to look for the voting. I can't wait to see all the creative babies! Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 37678

Okay the judging. Will begin on July 14 and go through July 18 at midnight.
Back to top Go down
Orange_Grove_Nursery
Advanced Walker
Advanced Walker
Orange_Grove_Nursery

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012 - 20:47

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 837677 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 837677 Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 837677
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update   Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Contest Is On!!!! Rules/ Please Read!! Final dates Update
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2